Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Rootmaster RM owners club

Guest BassAdder27

When you run your BF210 vertically how does it effect the port which I believe is at the side, so when vertical it will be facing the floor 

Would a single BF210 be loud enough to gig in most pubs etc a four piece rock band ?

Edited by BassAdder27

7 minutes ago, BassAdder27 said:

When you run your BF210 vertically how does it effect the port which I believe is at the side, so when vertical it will be facing the floor 

Would a single BF210 be loud enough to gig in most pubs etc a four piece rock band ?

I use an RM220 with a BF210, Vertically.

Not used at a gig, but in a loud rehearsal. Held up well, I found the dispersion sort of went up rather than out the sides. Held it's own well, I would imagine be ideal for a gig where space is at a premium.

Didn't have any issue against the drummer at least 🙂

That makes me think do I buy a second PF115LF so I have both when huge volume needed ( rare ) or a BF210 so I’m left with two cabs that I wouldn’t run together and use on their own

Maybe the 212 would be the way but they are so expensive!! 

18 hours ago, mep said:

I usually run my BF210 vertically too. No problem with volumes at pub gigs. Output is around 10 or 11 o'clock depending on venue size.

Same here, with no problems.  Although the RM800 through a BF610 is lovely....!

Just ordered the ABM EVO 210 Pro Neo cab to go with my RM head 

Will use this for small gigs and practice and add a second for large gigs

I like the the layout of the two tens in this cab ie not side by side but diagonal like the RM cab 

Decided to let my Ampeg PF115LF go 

Yes, I’m very pleased with mine, both the weight and diagonal cone layout being very favourable factors which influenced my purchase. Obviously not had a chance to use them at volume yet but when I plugged them in for a test at home it induced a rather silly grin, always a sign that I’ve made the right choice.

From past experience with my two Ashdown RM210s which have the diagonal configuration I’d say it makes it easier to hear yourself as the stack is taller. I did have the regular RM410 at the time so the comparison was between same brand & range. Didn’t make much difference on bigger stages but on the smaller ones where you’re just in front of your gear it did help.

• Like 1

They’re easy enough, I do one in one hand and a bass or amp in the other from my car to my front door when it’s parked 50 - 100 yards away. For reference I’m 55 and have a bad shoulder otherwise I’d do the two at the same time.

I’m not in a gigging band (even putting COVID aside) so haven’t sourced any covers yet, but Roqsolid will sort these, they have a template on their site for new cabs, just measure it all up, they send out the cover then add the spec to their list, great company.

17 minutes ago, BassAdder27 said:

The new ABM210H EVO IV Pro Neo arrived today 

Lovely match with my RM head 

And so light, single handle lift 

Will add a second one in time. 

D24CADF7-F2C1-46CF-9685-36C3FF0A964D.jpeg

Lovely wee set up...!

Curious, did you buy the rug to match the bass / amp head or the other way round...?!

25 minutes ago, BassAdder27 said:

Just noticed the RM300 head has been discontinued 

Ashdown said most people purchased the 500 or 800 models

I did see Andertons have ten in stock if anyone interested? 

I find it interesting the decision to put in the market the RM300 and the 500 while also putting the Original 300 and 500 heads. They are not exactly the same I guess, but I always thought that both ranges are competing. 

27 minutes ago, javi_bassist said:

I find it interesting the decision to put in the market the RM300 and the 500 while also putting the Original 300 and 500 heads. They are not exactly the same I guess, but I always thought that both ranges are competing. 

Think the Original 300 is discontinued too :)

Yep the Original 500 has been also dropped but the smaller Original HD1 ( Red one ) is still available on the website 

If you look at the number of heads they offer it’s huge so I’m not surprised the slower selling models have gone 

Only just discovered that the RM800 has different feet spacing ( screwed on ) compared to the RM500 that has stick on feet I believe ?? and the feet are wider apart which sits on the top handled cabs better 

• Guest changed the title to Ashdown Rootmaster RM owners club