Why become a member? ×

Hello from NI

slojo

Hello bassists

I’m John, I live in Co. Antrim Northern Ireland.

I’ve actually been a member here since 2011 but haven’t posted much but I’m enjoying playing again and thought I’d check in.

Having played in a couple of bands many years ago I am now happy just being a bedroom warrior.

I have two basses, an Ibanez SR1300 and a Lowden built Goodfellow Classic 5 string.

Amp is a Galen Krueger MB210 combo which is total overkill for my needs but I love the sound and features, definitely prefer it to my previous Mark Bass JB players combo.

I have a serious GAS for a short scale and have been checking out the classifieds 😁

Looking forward to reading some threads.

Couple of photos

D0F07DB0-FCB7-40AA-A845-A7975E259E4F.thumb.jpeg.1438750488b06c801a0f2d8e4f72f4cf.jpegEB630698-C86C-444B-BFEB-A49005357A73.thumb.jpeg.161725459183decb40805741a2d3fb33.jpeg

• Like 1

Welcome back onboard!

I finally got to visit NI this summer when travel was briefly possible, and spent a week up near Ballycastle and along the north coast. Lovely part of the world and I'm looking forward to going back and exploring the whole of NI sometime soon.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Richard R said:

Welcome back onboard!

I finally got to visit NI this summer when travel was briefly possible, and spent a week up near Ballycastle and along the north coast. Lovely part of the world and I'm looking forward to going back and exploring the whole of NI sometime soon.

Thanks Richard.
The north coast is truly stunning, world class scenery. I had a great day once cycling from Ballymoney to Bushmills (where the whiskey is made) where I joined the coast road and rode on into Portrush, stopping for chips and a rest then onto Portstewart for an ice cream at Morellis and then back inland to Coleraine. It was a beautiful sunny summer’s day and the scenery was breathtaking. Grub was good too 😁

It’s my hope to retire there in 10 years or so if I’m still able. 

• Like 2