Why become a member? ×

Tech 21 VT 500 vs Tech 21 1969 Head - differences?

cetera

Aside from power & the 1969 having 2 channels..... is there any big difference in the tone circuits/sound of these two amps?

If not, I'm presuming they both use the same circuit as in the VT Bass DI Pedal & Rackmount?

Love the sound of the 1969 head but they are silly expensive and almost impossible to find here...

Thanks in advance for any clarification/assistance! 

Edited by cetera

Bit busy now, and will try to write more, but essentially if you bought 2 VTBass pedals and a line selector like an LS2 or a parallel path like KMA Audio machines The Tyler and had a power amp then you could recreate single settings and a stacked one.

By time you do that, depending on how many second hand deals you get, you are a few hundred down.

I really like it, I like Rack stuff (not huge ones of course!) the 300w doesn’t bother me as I think it will be loud enough for most things, may well struggle for a loud unsupported (by PA) venue (the VTBass 500 amp had to be dimed and that was 500w) But real estate, if you were through a PA you could XLR out, solid state and don’t need a can unless you need for monitoring, and it’s a 1 carry or wheel.

They are a bit hens teeth 

• Like 2

Ah OK. In that case I may look out for a used VT 500 and or a VT Bass DI going cheap/reasonable price and give it a go. Don't really need 2 channels but loved the sound of the 1969 I heard.... so if I can get that in the VT 500 I'm laughing....

1 hour ago, cetera said:

Ah OK. In that case I may look out for a used VT 500 and or a VT Bass DI going cheap/reasonable price and give it a go. Don't really need 2 channels but loved the sound of the 1969 I heard.... so if I can get that in the VT 500 I'm laughing....

Are you looking at just the head to pair with your own cab or the combo they do?

On 06/01/2021 at 14:20, cetera said:

I replaced my BDDI with a VT Bass DI a few years back and was so impressed upon trying it that I bought a VT500 too. The next day I bought another VT500 as a spare. I love mine. Haven’t tried the 1969 so can’t comment on that. Also can’t comment on the volume of the VT500 as these days I play in an acoustic band and use either 1 or 2 Barefaced One10s; I don’t need “full band” volume. When I tried the VT though I also tried loads of other class D heads - GK, Markbass,  etc, etc - and I felt it was comparable volume-wise. 

• Like 1

On 06/01/2021 at 16:06, Tech21NYC said:

Aside from wattage differences, the VT 1969 has two discrete channels and also has the ability to mix the two and also a switchable mute. The VT Bass 500 has the Bite, mid shift,  blend and headphone functions.

Any chance of an endorsement? 😉😂

• Haha 1