Why become a member? ×

The 2021 Gear Acquisition Thread

PatrickJ

Welcome to the 2021 Gear Acquisition Thread. 

The anti-thread to the 2021 Gear Abstinence challenge. 

Here there are no rules, no prizes and most importantly no judgement my friends!  Just a celebration of all that tickles your fancy and the low frequencies. 

Acquisitions through any (legal) means welcome; buying new, buying used, trades, gifts, part exchanges etc. 

Post updates, pictures and mini reviews of the gear you acquire through the year and inspire the rest of the BC community.

Edited by PatrickJ

I picked up a TourTech TT12S Drumkit and a Fender Rumble 15 to play it through from a chap down the road for £120. Can't complain for the price and it just about fits in my tiny tiny studio/office/music/lego room! 

First music related purchase of 2021!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

I picked up a TourTech TT12S Drumkit and a Fender Rumble 15 to play it through from a chap down the road for £120. Can't complain for the price and it just about fits in my tiny tiny studio/office/music/lego room! 

First music related purchase of 2021!

Excellent start to the year !  

Ah finally a place I can call home 😂

Out - Gibson Thunderbird 2003 , Custom built Gold P and Ashdown ABM600 

In Bergantino IP310 from Owen, 1988 Battered Stingray, 4 packs of Bass Boomers and 4 packs DR Sunbeams.

Im also trying to not buy a US Ampeg SVT CL 🤷‍♂️

Sorry, not sorry

Edited by walshy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, PatrickJ said:

Welcome to Sanctuary!

Enhancing this thread with pictures would be a welcome addition.  Would love to see the Stingray!

You mean you'd rather see an 88 Stingray over my cheap plastic and rubber drumkit??? Madness, absolute madness!! 😫

• Haha 1

New year January sales shopping!

Picked up this Brainworx SSL 4000 G console emulation up for less than $20 - with an incredible discount voucher. Obviously, you had to sign up with Plugin Alliance prior, because these are crazily expensive at any other time..

You never know.. I might actually finish some new music this year, with this at the front end. Of everything.

e89a3f4f3e6f3304fbc36ea066df2ed6.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SimonEdward said:

New year January sales shopping!

Picked up this Brainworx SSL 4000 G console emulation up for less than $20 - with an incredible discount voucher. Obviously, you had to sign up with Plugin Alliance prior, because these are crazily expensive at any other time..

You never know.. I might actually finish some new music this year, with this at the front end. Of everything.

That looks great.  I have the Waves emulation collection for the SSL 4000 console , not used it in anger yet but did do some recording last year and it worked really nicely.

Edited by PatrickJ
  • Like 1

Ashdown CTM -30 + MAG-410 Cab. Picked it up Sunday (social distanced and prior to lockdown natch). Suffered mightily on my own getting Cab up my 64 steps, took a while

£299 on eBay removed the pain. A bargain I didn't post on weird & wonderful!

Amp sounds absolutely brilliant at neighbour friendly volumes, which was the idea, lovely through a Trace 1818! (though it can get amazing loud thru my various cabs)

I have a Rickenbacker 12-string on the way.

I am a traitor to the Basschat camp in so many ways:

1. I own just one bass, and that's all I need;

2. I use an Axe-FX and a Helix Stomp, both without any Ampeg products or speaker wardrobes; and

3. I know what John Hall can be like but bought a Rickenbacker anyway.

• Haha 1

I had an Amazon voucher laying around so I splashed out on a book..'How to Play Bass Guitar'.
I want to get good enough to feel I've earned blowing £2k on a Sandberg at some point later this year.

1426725147_Screenshot_2021-01-06HowToPlayBassGuitarEasytoReadEasytoPlayBasicsStylesTechniquesEasy-to-UseAmazoncou....png.369d431fed2194ba7f2fd8feac73d966.png
Not exciting but a decent buy for £9 if you want a thick little book covering a lot of theory, musical styles, sight reading, techniques and such.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saul Panzer said:

I had an Amazon voucher laying around so I splashed out on a book..'How to Play Bass Guitar'.
I want to get good enough to feel I've earned blowing £2k on a Sandberg at some point later this year.

1426725147_Screenshot_2021-01-06HowToPlayBassGuitarEasytoReadEasytoPlayBasicsStylesTechniquesEasy-to-UseAmazoncou....png.369d431fed2194ba7f2fd8feac73d966.png
Not exciting but a decent buy for £9 if you want a thick little book covering a lot of theory, musical styles, sight reading, techniques and such.

I’m sorry to say you bought ‘Bass: how to play Guitar’

• Haha 1

GAS for a lefty Dingwall Combustion or NG3 (they don't make the Canadian models in lefty). Haven't laid hands on one yet, but I know of a store here in the Netherlands that stocks three, that I'd like to pay a visit to some time in the near future when stores re-open. Can't afford one right now, and so far see no point in spending 2500 euros on a bass made in China, but I really want to give one a go.

I did, however, buy a 2001 Warwick Streamer LX yesterday for a great price! Should be arriving tomorrow with DHL. It's going to keep my 2003 Streamer LX5 company. It has an ovangkol neck like my 5-string, not the more desirable and slimmer wenge neck. It does, however, have the old brass Just-a-Nut 1 with the individually adjustable string height. I'm really looking forward to it, I've never played a 4-string Warwick and I've never played a bass with a reverse splitcoil before. Can't wait to get my hands on it ☺️

754420627__86(14).thumb.jpeg.a46bfbe26c5d5da6d2c4ecb54ffa7fe9.jpeg

Edited by LeftyJ

should this be in the abstinence section? i’m having a really hard time not buying a Yamaha Attitude Ltd 1.

and recent news of Aguilar takeover has caused a need for a certain pedal..

my support group is not really helping, maybe because they’re all a bunch of pushers at the same time?