Why become a member? ×

2021 Gear Abstinence thread ....

bassfan

Ok I'm out.

Properly definitely, no way back kinda out.

@JohnDaBass pic just for you mate! Needs a new preamp, strings and decent set up but was priced to sell accordingly...so could be a while before it gets a full review.

Carvin BB.jpg

@BassBunny - this is the "offending" item (as far as this thread is concerned anyway 😁)

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Ok I'm out.

Properly definitely, no way back kinda out.

@JohnDaBass pic just for you mate! Needs a new preamp, strings and decent set up but was priced to sell accordingly...so could be a while before it gets a full review.

Carvin BB.jpg

That is a beauty, and truly worth falling out of the Challenge for. 

• Thanks 1

Having to tighten my belt until the house is sold and the divorce aftermath is settled so abstinence is order of the day anyway.

GAS is strong but as the theme seems to be twin 'buckers it's possible an Epiphone Embassy or an EB3 might cure it come the time.

On 26/03/2021 at 17:41, bassfan said:

You nearly made it through Q1. Surprised you got through wk1 to be fair. 😂

Well, just under 90 minutes to go and I think I'm a fairly safe bet to finish Q1 with ZERO bass purchases :hi:.

The rest of the year is looking a bit dodgy as I've just finalised the spec on a custom build. Deposit to be paid next week.

I did try 😂.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Well, just under 90 minutes to go and I think I'm a fairly safe bet to finish Q1 with ZERO bass purchases :hi:.

The rest of the year is looking a bit dodgy as I've just finalised the spec on a custom build. Deposit to be paid next week.

I did try 😂.

CFBC3BF4-DA1E-465B-AAB1-697A307B4B36.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

That's it. I'm officially out. Just paid the deposit on a Shuker 😎.

Just don't let me put my name down for 2022. I'll only f**k it up 😂.

Congratulations 🥳 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m out 😋

After many years fantasising about getting back my old StingRay, I saw it on eBay and just won it back. 

Huge sentimental value, bought as an 18 year old and was my first proper bass, used for 12 years with loads of good memories. Sadly sold in 2009 when I was having a hard time and made one or two bad decisions.

I hoped to last the year in abstinence, but couldn’t be happier now 😁😁😁

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Chiliwailer said:

I’m out 😋

After many years fantasising about getting back my old StingRay, I saw it on eBay and just won it back. 

Huge sentimental value, bought as an 18 year old and was my first proper bass, used for 12 years with loads of good memories. Sadly sold in 2009 when I was having a hard time and made one or two bad decisions.

I hoped to last the year in abstinence, but couldn’t be happier now 😁😁😁

That is so cool. Don't let it go again.

• Like 1

Just now, Chiliwailer said:

You’re 100% right, I really wouldn’t be able to. I’m fortunate to have re-purchased a couple of selling regrets, but this one feels beyond fortunate tbh 👍

Brilliant. I wish I could find my old "75 P bass but I doubt if I could lift it up these days. Sounded wonderful but at 11 pounds, it would break my back now.