Why become a member? ×

2021 Gear Abstinence thread ....

bassfan

I’ve left the basschat marketplace . Probably was the best place to buy and sell gear but as I’m in Ireland it’s all gone very complicated dealing with UK folks . It’ll probably sort itself out , on the plus side it stops me buying stuff 🤷‍♂️

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Richard R said:

I'm out!   :party:

I thought I would be in for ages, especially as my budget wasn't really as high as I'd suggested here (maybe by the end of the year it would have been) but in a stroke of good fortune I've just bought a bass I've been looking for for ages. :biggrin:

NBD - Brawley 5 string at last :-) - Bass Guitars - Basschat

Congratulations 🥳 

1 minute ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I could be properly done for if a nice Zon Sonus 4 appears. Regretting not buying the one I played last year. Oh well.

There’s one for sale here...or is it gone? Love the Sonus shape, and Cody Wright always makes them sound ace

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I could be properly done for if a nice Zon Sonus 4 appears. Regretting not buying the one I played last year. Oh well.

Or a Ken smith, Status, nice ray, fender..... 😂😂

• Haha 1

Just now, bassfan said:

I think an exception for those can be made... 👍🏻

And also because numerous detailed studies have shown that it has negligible impact on your signal chain, unless placed over your 1/4" jacks.

• Haha 1

Ah, damn. I'm out. Just made a deal to part ex my Stringray 5HH stealth black for a Sandberg Forty Eight. I've been wanting one for ages, and even though it's one bass in and one out I'm still having to spend money. I can resisit pedals, happy with my amp and cab, but I couldn't resist that Forty Eight.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, adamg67 said:

Ah, damn. I'm out. Just made a deal to part ex my Stringray 5HH stealth black for a Sandberg Forty Eight. I've been wanting one for ages, and even though it's one bass in and one out I'm still having to spend money. I can resisit pedals, happy with my amp and cab, but I couldn't resist that Forty Eight.i

If you're going to crash out, then you may as well do it in style, which you've clearly done - congrats! 

• Like 1

I don't need any more basses. I have 2 six strings (fretted and fretless), 1 five string fretted, now 4 four strings (1 fretted, 1 fretless, 1 long in the tooth and the other, a boat anchor to be sold after covid). I may buy an inexpensive HB or Gear4Music short scale for experimental purposes sometime. Other than that, no potential GAS.

There could still be some purchases on the horizon, such as some recording equipment.

1 hour ago, TheLowDown said:

I don't need any more basses. I have 2 six strings (fretted and fretless), 1 five string fretted, now 4 four strings (1 fretted, 1 fretless, 1 long in the tooth and the other, a boat anchor to be sold after covid). I may buy an inexpensive HB or Gear4Music short scale for experimental purposes sometime. Other than that, no potential GAS.

There could still be some purchases on the horizon, such as some recording equipment.

You might need a fretless 5 string...

😈

29 minutes ago, jimmyb625 said:

You might need a fretless 5 string...

😈

I thought about that, but I came to the conclusion that I didn't. I have a 4 string fretless and a 6 string fretless, so a 5 string fretless is a waste because it adds nothing of value. I can't think of even one situation where I would ever need to choose a 5 string fretless above a 4 or 6 string.

Money saved 🏧🚫

Edited by TheLowDown