Why become a member? ×

2021 Gear Abstinence thread ....

bassfan

3 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

No point in me playing - no chance of sticking to it.

I was doing alright till earlier today - impulse bought a Tongue drum which was advertised at £26 but climbed to £32 with VAT.

Bought a couple of extra sets of strings late last year which came with .130 low B which I'll need to replace with .115s at some point - I'll try to delay this but Newtone can do them for just over £7 - inevitable that I'll cave in.

Medals to anybody who is successful...

Strings are allowed Mick! 👍🏻

3 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Well I’ve 2 items on the way but in my defence I did purchase them in 2020. I’ll see how it goes, have bucketloads to sell and hopefully have established the right gear for my needs now so let’s see if I can at least last a while without buying.

When you say "purchased", did the cash physically leave your bank account before midnight on NYE? 😁

8 hours ago, Al Krow said:

When you say "purchased", did the cash physically leave your bank account before midnight on NYE? 😁

Well one of the items isn`t in stock until next week so I suppose in theory it will be paid for this year, but the purchase itself was arranged last year, which is my get-out clause 😂

I'll play.

I always thought myself the very model of self control, but ended up replacing a broken acoustic guitar pre-amplifier with an LR Baggs Anthem, and bought an Ashdown Acoustic Radiator too.  Oh - and Harley Benton CST 24.  Plus both instruments were set up for ease of playing. 

I now have all that I need.  So, this year, I will focus on using what I have, properly.  

10 hours ago, Al Krow said:

1.05pm on Jan 6th aaaaaand I'm out!

Had an offer from a BC buddy to crush my bits for a very fair price which I couldn't resist.

I'd best head over the Gear Acquisition Thread then...

😁

11.05 pm on Jan 6th aaaaaaand I'm back in the game!

BC buddy had a better offer for him to crush someone else's bits which we agreed he should take.

It was going to be too much of a ball ache anyway.

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Ah, but do you have all that you want!!?? What about gear you didn't know that you wanted???

TheGreek, you are not helping!!  

Let me swim in my own tiny fishtank of ignorance about the wider world of bass gear. Bass > cable > Tuner > short cable > amp is all I need!

6 minutes ago, bass_dinger said:

TheGreek, you are not helping!!  

Let me swim in my own tiny fishtank of ignorance about the wider world of bass gear. Bass > cable > Tuner > short cable > amp is all I need!

No, you need a long cable between the amp and tuner in case you sit down on the other side of the room to the amp and need to adjust tuning.

2 hours ago, Si600 said:

It's not clear in the rules, so I'm assuming that they're not allowed, but can I buy the bits to finish my bass I'm building? Namely tuners, nut and possibly pickups?

Probably not but it’s lockdown and seeing as you are building your own then why not... 😃

• Thanks 1

On 07/01/2021 at 12:21, Si600 said:

No, you need a long cable between the amp and tuner in case you sit down on the other side of the room to the amp and need to adjust tuning.

"Bass > LONG cable > Tuner > short cable > amp is all I need!"

Fixed it . . .  I actually have long cables already.  Honest!!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bass_dinger said:

"Bass > LONG cable > Tuner > short cable > amp is all I need!"

Fixed it . . .  I actually have long cables already.  Honest!!

Are you using a combo?

If not, need speakon cable to cab (or a pair of headphones) too! Now fixed 😁