Why become a member? ×

NPD - Zoom B1

Trueno

IMG_0227.thumb.jpeg.561e8c8afeb12239aebb21b40af86ef3.jpeg

Just received from GAK on next day delivery... the much-loved Zoom B1. Seeing that I'm playing entirely at home... this has ticked every box I needed (and a few more). Now I don't have to move my amp around my practice room to plug in bass/aux/headphones. Probably be good for rehearsals (in 2032?) and save me carrying my mini-pedalboard around.

• Like 3

I had a spare power supply... but I might use the batteries for rehearsals, even less stuff to carry around.

All those effects and amp sims on tap and I still end up dialling in “my tone”... what’s that all about? I’ll have a proper play with the settings tomorrow.

On 06/01/2021 at 07:55, Trueno said:

Great stuff... that’s my lockdown project sorted for a few days...

How are you finding it? Have you discovered the ToneLib software for editing patches yet (I've posted a link to it on B1-4 the ideas thread)?

I've put mine at the end of my signal chain, so I can make use of the built-in drum machine (which is not something my higher end Helix Stomp or HX Effects offered). It's then set up nicely for home practice without the drums getting impacted by any downstream pedals on the board.

I’ve never been very good at scrolling through menus tbh... I prefer twiddling a knob or two. I’m still on the setting I found within the first five minutes of switching it on... the Bassman set.

Funnily enough, I’m just looking at the guide right now.