Why become a member? ×

I ordered something from GAK ..unimpressed unfortunately

Last Tuesday I was interested in a  cheap midi controller , which had to have a midi socket .

The chap I spoke to Jack, was very helpful and rather than google everywhere for the best price I placed my order with them due to the help provided. Obviously we have New Year's Day etc but I paid £4.99 for postage and was told I would get it last Thursday . However the tracking reference from Fed Ex told me Monday , and then Today before 6pm . 
I checked at different times , and found that they could not deliver due to incorrect address.

I wanted to go out this morning , but obviously couldn't .  So, I saw red and left my feedback onto trustpilot .

After 6/7 mins waiting , I got through and a refund is on its way to me .

Bizarrely enough , I joined Amazon prime for a trial period due to various deliveries I have had . I could have got it free postage

I normally use gear for music but their price was a little higher. They use DPD which for me seem to be the best of the delivery companiesHaving said that , I would have had the item last Thursday whoever I used..as long as it isn't GAK 

I got an excuse about Fed Ex being in a mess, and sorry . No communication whatsoever .

just my experience  .

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

Just had 2 emails from Dan apologising and advising me I want the product recalled .,He has just seen my Trustpilot review .

I thanked him for having the decency to apologise , but advised him I would like a refund for the wasting of my time and lack of communication .

I didn't quote led zep .

I did tell him that gear for music are better and use DPD who imho are best of the bunch ..

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

I received another apology from Dan . Alas , he seems to think that PayPal  didn't list my full address . This of course  wasted even more of my time , as I had to check in the PayPal app

Full address is indeed listed . This tells me that it is the fault of whoever addressed the package at their end . FedEx? The GAK shop?  He also told me that GAK use DHL and DPD also.  He says he is going to respond to my review on trustpilot . No refund yet 

I wonder if he has seen my Facebook post ...

Ordered tons of stuff from GAK and never had a problem.  Returning stuff has also been fine and they also collected, repaired and returned a bass to me inside 10 days. I never pay via PayPal. 

The only music shop I’ve ever had problems with is Gear 4 Music. Twice. You win some you lose some eh?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muppet said:

Ordered tons of stuff from GAK and never had a problem.  Returning stuff has also been fine and they also collected, repaired and returned a bass to me inside 10 days. I never pay via PayPal. 

The only music shop I’ve ever had problems with is Gear 4 Music. Twice. You win some you lose some eh?

Yeah, horses for courses 🐺

I've ordered a few things from GAK without issue, Gear4music on the other hand have messed me around many a time - I won't go anywhere near them these days.

These companies always blame the courier, I had an issue with a non bass related present I ordered for my wife at the start of December.  Didn't arrive, company fobbed me off with a not our problem its with the courier it will probably arrive some time after Christmas. 

My response was you chose to use that courier, not me, and me receiving the item on time is part of the service you are providing me.  They did give me a full refund in the end after I opened a PayPal dispute but I won't shop with them again.

28 minutes ago, PatrickJ said:

In fairness, it would be disappointing if he wasn't raging against the establishment with that username.

Actually , I'm normally very chilled . Having said that , the caps lock did get stuck when I entered my username .😸 I don't like the band RATM ( sorry , more caps ) 

34 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Right, having read the thread, jeez RATM, chill the fk.

Well I may have been a bit ott there . Having said that, I am laid back believe it or not . I did allow for the new year break , plus covid . 
The  main things that annoyed me , were being charged for next day delivery . Then the actual  day was changed when I got confirmation email . The thing that annoyed me today was in the morning , it was in the van with the driver but that changed late in the afternoon and I had a day wasted when I wanted to go out albeit for a short period . 
Anyway it's all behind me now . Everything varies with courier companies and shops in general . 
I maybe should have worded the topic differently . Avoid may have been too harsh . At the end of the day , it was only my experience 

• Like 2

When things went ok I had no problem with GAK, but when I returned an item to them I got the severe run around before they made the refund, and that was only at the point where I had to get very rude and unpleasant. As such I have a reluctance to buy anything like instruments/amps/cabs/pedals from them, strings/leads/straps/picks not a problem though.

• Thanks 1

Final update I altered my wording on the trustpilot and Facebook reviews 

I received an email from GAK thanking me for that this afternoon . They also told me that despite them asking FedEx to return parcel , they will try to deliver today . They asked me to mention to the courier  to please take it back to them . I did that this evening .  If they offered to scrap the postage cost I may well have kept it, buit it's all done now and no hard feelings . Just waiting for refund and case is closed . 

On 05/01/2021 at 19:28, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

Actually , I'm normally very chilled . Having said that , the caps lock did get stuck when I entered my username .😸 I don't like the band RATM ( sorry , more caps ) 

If it bothers you, Ped or one of the admins can change your username so it isn't as shouty. No dramas if you are fine with it. Just don't review us on Trustpilot if we do! 😉

• Haha 2

Point taken . Annoyed at the time , as the  parcel was on the van in the morning. 
If I didn't check again later in the  afternoon , then I wouldn't see  that it couldn't be delivered.

I should have had the parcel last Thursday . They charged me  the cost for next day delivery ,which should have been thursday . What they could have done is offer to refund postage and I would have  kept it .  They haven't rectified anything really .

As I say , I changed review and they were happy about that .  
I was too trigger happy with the posting here , as I was angry at the time . 

Thry still haven't refunded me , but I'm not in a panic about that . 

I see good and bad in all companies , and leave positive and negative feedback .

I should have asked what you think of GAK , and listed my concerns . 
Hands held up. 
Then again,  it's very sloppy  but now forgotten ..