Why become a member? ×

Schecter Model T Pickup Height

Saxondale.

Hi all

I've been after a Schecter Model T for a while, however living in China has made it almost impossible to buy one! I've managed to import one in from the US, which has just arrived into China via a third party seller (unfortunately no other way to do it). They sent me over a few photos, however i've noticed one of the screws is excessively high (see picture) - is this something i should be concerned about? i know i can adjust it myself, but i just find it a little odd...

Thanks!

IMG_1270.PNG

Just received it - it’s a beautiful thing. The screw was insanely high, but i’ve adjusted it. However, i’ve noticed the other P pickup is slanted at the back. I’m really not too familiar with pickup heights, so any insight as to why it’s like this would be appreciated. I’ve played around with the screws but I can’t seem to make it flat. 

Thanks again 

C91EE7FE-2FE6-4699-B2EA-4724EA489020.jpeg

In general - Closer to the strings - stronger/louder the sound.

There is no harm in a slant if that is the sound levels you want across strings - use your ears not eyes on this.

If it’s not flattening and you need it to, sometimes you need to put some more downward pressure to drive into the wood.

you can always take them out, check if it’s springs or rubber under the screws and or foam under the pick up. If any of it is too thick preventing you getting them lower, trim it.

You could try longer screws

Edited by Cuzzie
  • Thanks 1

It's suprisingly un-technical underneath those pickups.  Like Cuzzie says, just foam or springs - I'd guess that you have foam underneath and you'll just need to loosen off the strings unscrew the pickups and furtle around underneath until the foam is in a better postition.  Once it's in place it doesn't really move around much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1