Why become a member? ×

Ashdown RM800 EVOii

Guest BassAdder27

2 minutes ago, lou24d53 said:

That gig bag actually looks like it has enough room to hold the cables you need, unlike some.

The case that came with my current head, Quilter BB800, is as tight as a gnats chuff by comparison!

In the front pocket I can fit a power lead, speakon cable and instrument lead and that's about it.  I guess you could squeeze a lead or two inside the amp compartment itself I guess. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BassAdder27 said:

They do match well visually and sound 

They come with removable castors too !

I paid just over £300 for the cab last Dec 

I'm curious about the cab model (I know thew head and it just absolutely amazing). I saw two very similar cabs of the Ampeg PF, one being around 100 bucks cheaper. Which one is yours? I was going to ask if you like it, but I'm pretty sure you do :P

18 hours ago, lou24d53 said:

Luckily I ordered when I did at 12pm when it was sitting at £479...fast forward four hours and it's back up to £599...!

Had an email from GAK this morning to advise that the next shipment of these are not due in until END of April 2021, order will remain open unless I advise otherwise...so just as well we are in middle of a lockdown with no immediate need for it in the foreseeable...!!

9 minutes ago, lou24d53 said:

Had an email from GAK this morning to advise that the next shipment of these are not due in until END of April 2021, order will remain open unless I advise otherwise...so just as well we are in middle of a lockdown with no immediate need for it in the foreseeable...!!

Def worth keeping it open for a saving of £120!

• Like 1

Yeah, agreed.

I've  no immediate need for it just now anyway, my Quilter BB800 will serve when we can rehearse - IF?! - and I've a PJB BigHead which I can use for quiet practice at home in the meantime.

I'll try clear the credit card bill for April and it will maybe feel like I'm getting a "free" amp by then...!! 😅

Edited by lou24d53

Just had another email - your product order is currently out of stock, but should be with us within the estimated timescale of 3 to 5 working days.

Sorry, feel like I'm completely hijacking this thread...it's this lockdown you see...it's either this or I need chat to the wife...!! 😁

• Haha 1

On 06/01/2021 at 10:54, lou24d53 said:

Just had an email saying my order has been dispatched after only yesterday I got one saying they weren't due back in until the end of April.

That's a strange one, surely that wasn't a tactic to get me to cancel my order at the reduced price? 🤔

Happy with that anyways...👍

• Like 1