Why become a member? ×

Missed out on a bargain?

Guest MoJo

Scanning Facebook Marketplace earlier this evening, I spotted a listing titled Squier Jazz Bass. What was pictured was clearly a natural finish Vintage Modified Squier Jazz. The asking price? £100. It was not far from me and I’d always fancied getting my hands on one and changing all the hardware for black items. 
Then, the kick in the nether regions, ‘Listed over 2 hours ago.’ I gave it a go but sometime later received a two word reply, Pending Collection. No shocker. I bet her inbox was crammed full of ‘Is this still available?’ messages. Gutted, bargain of the year so far. 
What’s the biggest bargain that’s slipped through your fingers, gear wise?

Squier VM Jaguar bass in CAR. Bought new for her son, he'd tried it twice and given up, still had the protective film on pickups and scratchplate. 

£100 ono including hardcase. 

I spent ten minutes deciding if I really needed it, then it was gone. 

3 guitars, yesterday. I contacted the seller 15 minutes after listing but they were already sold pending collection. An Epiphone SG, a Tanglewood Les Paul (with upgraded pickups) and a nice BC Rich (with Floyd Rose)

£30 each. 😐

• Sad 1

On 04/01/2021 at 05:01, BreadBin said:

3 guitars, yesterday. I contacted the seller 15 minutes after listing but they were already sold pending collection. An Epiphone SG, a Tanglewood Les Paul (with upgraded pickups) and a nice BC Rich (with Floyd Rose)

£30 each. 😐

I knew I shouldn't have gone back to check. The BC Rich was an NJ Series. Worth at least £5-600 😐

1 hour ago, BreadBin said:

I knew I shouldn't have gone back to check. The BC Rich was an NJ Series. Worth at least £5-600 😐

Never go back lol

I saw an old preamp I used to own on eBay. I was tempted to bid on it, but talked myself out of it as I didn't actually need it. It eventually sold for just £108, a fraction of its worth lol.

About 2 years ago I bought a fairly cheap 5 string off of an elderly local gentleman who used to play in a blues /country band, he was raising money for his daughter’s wedding, I bought the 5 and he asked me if I wanted a case, i said yes if you have one, he gave me a battered old hard case, to which I asked what used to be in it, he said, his all original 1970 fender jazz which he  had since new , that he had sold earlier that day for £1000😲, gutted I didn’t get there earlier 

Edited by Reggaebass
  • Like 1