Why become a member? ×

SOLD Mayones BE4 custom order SOLD
£600
Belgium

koval123

Up for grabs goes a very nice custom-ordered Mayones BE4.

It's the BE4 (E for exotic woods) model that features bolt-on (6 bolts) construction, 5 pieces mahogany-maple comfortable neck on amazakoe (aka ovangkol) body in natural wood oil finish. Custom order was for the fretboard - here it's beautiful ebony with only side dot markers.
It was made in 2007 and has the profiled/curved body profile much like in Spector or Warwick basses.
Electronics is a factory-installed Bartolini JJ pups and 3 band Bartolini EQ (NTMB 918F).
Outstanding build quality, great ergonomics and very little signs of use. Shipping within EU+ possible, ask me for cost estimate. 

Now with better pictures uploaded.

mbe1.jpg

mbe2.jpg

mbe4.jpg

mbe5.jpg

mbe6.jpg

mbe7.jpg

be5.jpg

Edited by koval123
Sold
  • Like 9

It’s funny: i just bought thé same one from koval too.

great seller

great safe boxing

great bass!!!!! I keep it and sell thé other ones.

i love the tone With these exotic Woods, the ebony fretboard and bartolini pickups.

the action is super low : great comfort !!

🕺

I really like this...really don't need another 4 string though.

To show what a bargain this is, there's a BE4 fretless on ebay currently - opening price £650...and it isn't as clean or as well presented as this...

I need to be careful...I'm selling it to myself..

GLWYS

1 hour ago, Mike2tone said:

If you were in the UK, I would have this in a heartbeat, but with the fact taxes will apply when shipping from the EU and possibly tariffs, it will be a lot more expensive that the asking price. it is a shame what this brexit crap has created. 

Mike,

I've been looking into this for other items too.

It's f**in' b*ll**ks

(P.S. These really are great instruments. :-( )

28 minutes ago, JohnFitzgerald said:

I've been looking into this for other items too.

Do you have any links you can share? 

My understanding was that goods manufactured in the EU and the UK would not be subject to tariffs. Mayones are made in Poland, so I don't think they would be subject to tariff or tax, just paperwork. Quite happy to be proved wrong - does VAT apply on second-hand goods?

Edited by Richard R

1 minute ago, Richard R said:

Do you have any links you can share? 

My understanding was that goods manufactured in the EU and the UK would not be subject to tariffs. Mayones are made in Poland, so I don't think they would be subject to tariff or tax, just paperwork. Quite happy to be proved wrong.

Richard,

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong too. My understanding is that VAT might be an element ? I'd looked into buying from Thomann and they no longer charge VAT for goods over £135, as per the new rules, and that's chargeable here. All as I understand it.

Yes, EU/UK made items are not subject to tariffs but any items over £15 or £39 if marked as a gift, are subject to VAT, regardless of whether they are second hand or not, if coming from abroad, even if it is a private sale, unfortunately. 

13 hours ago, JohnFitzgerald said:

Richard,

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong too. My understanding is that VAT might be an element ? I'd looked into buying from Thomann and they no longer charge VAT for goods over £135, as per the new rules, and that's chargeable here. All as I understand it.

The thing with Thomann is that they will allow you to pay the VAT/Duties to them, if the item is less than £135. If over £135, you would pay VAT and duties (if needed) to the courier company. All their prices on their website are ex-Vat now.

• Thanks 1

• MB1 locked this topic