Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Roadster RS924 early 80s *SOLD*
£350
KT3 5LN

Booga13

Again, looking to clear some space/raise some cash whilst there is a plethora of goodies I'm watching and don;t want to let escape

Not had this very long and was tempted to keep this and lose the MC924 BUT there are things I want above both so:

Not sure on the date, early 80s for sure, it's missing the original neck plate and truss rod cover and the head appears to have a slight twist, the neck plays absolutely fine and appears to be straight

Stunning flame on the fretboard, one on the nicest I've come across, the body finish is Transparent Violin I think, not sure if that will narrow down the date for some.

Everything works as it should with loads of tonal variety.

Weight is 5kgs on my bathroom scales

I'd prefer not to ship but I do have proper boxes if that's the only way

DSC08779.JPG

DSC08780.JPG

DSC08781.JPG

DSC08782.JPG

DSC08783.JPG

DSC08784.JPG

DSC08785.JPG

DSC08786.JPG

DSC08787.JPG

DSC08788.JPG

DSC08789.JPG

DSC08790.JPG

DSC08791.JPG

DSC08792.JPG

Edited by Booga13
  • Like 3

The fretted sister of my 1981 purchased fretless (with maple board).

Out of all the basses I've owned, the Ibanez is the only one I won't be letting go of (huge sentimental value). These basses have the best necks of any bass I've played, GLWTS.

Also, I was asked about the twist on the head and in trying to get a good pic I think I'm seeing a slight twist to the neck, I'm adding a pic below so you can your own minds up but I can only say she seems to play just fine but might be an issue if the action is lowered further, i'll test it lower and post my results, anyways, given this new information I'm completely open to offers and happy to ship, neck off for preference.

20210104_204350.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic