Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SRH505-DEF - Trades considered
£550
Buckingham

Mikey D

Used but in excellent condition. Not gigged and only used in a smoke and pet free home.

2 marks present: one on back lower bout and one front/side upper bout (under where you'd rest your forearm). See photos.

Slightly reluctant sale as trying to get funds for another bass by selling multiple basses but they haven't all sold as quick as I'd like. So this one being added to the mix. For that reason no trades.

Bought from Bass Direct and here is their listing:  Bass Direct Photos

Blurb from online:

The Ibanez SRH505 hollowbody electric bass achieves the ideal combination of elegance and performance. A smooth acoustic-tinged rumble awaits you when you plug into your favorite amp. Experience extreme resonance, by way of this bass's hollow construction. The rock-solid stability that's provided by this bass's 5-piece jatoba/bubinga neck. An AeroSilk Piezo system injects the Ibanez SRH500 hollowbody electric bass with an upright double bass sound and unbelievable touch response.

A hollowbody bass guitar that achieves the ideal combination of elegance and performance

SRH45-pieceneck plays fast, with a multi-layer design for maximum rigidity and long-term reliability

Enhanced stability and sustain thanks to custom bridge

AeroSilk Piezo system yields an upright double bass sound and unbelievable touch response

Comfortable Panga Panga fingerboard

Stylish black matte hardware

Build: Semi-Hollow

Top: Spruce

Back: Okume

5-Stripe neck

Fingerboard: Panga Panga

Neck profile: SRH

White fingerboard inlays

Scale: 864 mm
Nut width: 45 mm

Custom bridge

Pickups: AeroSilk piezo system

1 Volume knobs and 1 tone knob

Hardware: Matte black

D'Addario EC8B81-5 flat wounds. 045, .065, .080, .100, .132

Colour: Natural Browned Burst Flat

PXL_20210103_124146952.jpg

PXL_20210103_124129937.jpg

PXL_20210103_124150799.jpg

PXL_20210103_124155928.jpg

Edited by Mikey D
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, adriansmith247 said:

now I am intrigued... what is your favourite bass? 

In my possession, currently my Ibanez EHB1506MS. So comfortable to play and sounds excellent. However I really want a 1005SMS and strict one in one out agreement with wife with max 5 basses and that bass is most like the one I would like. I’m not selling my first bass (encore ltd edition precision), or GWB1 as that’s fretless duties, or my customised TMB35...so unless this one goes which is still slightly reluctant as it’s great for jazz I have no other options. 

1 minute ago, Mikey D said:

In my possession, currently my Ibanez EHB1506MS. So comfortable to play and sounds excellent. However I really want a 1005SMS and strict one in one out agreement with wife with max 5 basses and that bass is most like the one I would like. I’m not selling my first bass (encore ltd edition precision), or GWB1 as that’s fretless duties, or my customised TMB35...so unless this one goes which is still slightly reluctant as it’s great for jazz I have no other options. 

So many nice basses!! I am sure this one will go as they are great sounding basses and you don't see many about. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2021 at 22:19, Marco X. said:

Hello is the bass still available?

Could you ship to Italy? Do you know maybe the price for shipping ?

Thanks a lot.

Marco

Hi Marco

The bass is available. Currently I'm not looking to ship it as it doesnct have a hard case and I also don't have an outer box.

I'm waiting on a bass that will have an outer box and when that comes I will let you know if I can pack it secure enough but I have concerns being hollow for that journey.

One option is I do have an Ibanez hard case and if you were looking for one I could sell both and it would be much more secure to post/courier.

Mike

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 23/01/2024 at 05:20, Paddy R said:

Hi Mikey - I've made an account just to ask, is this still available?

It is actually as I took it down from sale but was thinking of putting up again. I'll message you.