Why become a member? ×

Slappyto.net - French Bass Forum

thebrig

Is there anyone on here who are members of this French bass forum?

The reason I ask is because I have seen a bass for sale on it and I want to buy it, but not being able to speak French, I don't know how to contact the seller.

29 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Send me the link in private mail and I'll do the translation for you. I used to be a member there.

Many thanks for the offer Hellzero, but I have just translated the page using the Google translate extension, I've managed to send a message to the seller so I'm hoping that I might get an answer, if not, I will get back to you for some help if that's ok with you.

Cheers Brian

25 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

French is my mother tongue and I studied Latin and ancient Greek, so certainly better than any translator. 😉 

Just hope that the translator didn't make it totally impossible to understand... 😎

I know translators aren't great so its fingers and everything else crossed that it is understandable to the seller.

Here's what I wrote, how does it look to you? 😉

Salut Thomas

Seriez-vous prêt à expédier au Royaume-Uni?

Je suis membre de basschat.co.uk depuis 2010 et j'ai d'excellents commentaires, j'ai également effectué près de 1000 transactions sur eBay et j'ai 100% de commentaires sur chaque transaction.

Je m'excuse pour mon pauvre français.

Meilleures salutations

Brian

• Like 1

I'm always astonished at how Google translates some sentences perfectly, even those which are long and/or complex, but is equally capable of spectacularly screwing up simple, non-idiomatic sentences. Usually within a line or two of each other!

During my working life as a technical translator, being asked to edit and correct machine-translated text became progressively more common, while real, human translation became less and less sought after. (But I don't think anyone was particularly interested in my knowledge of classical languages, which is still hiding somewhere at the back of my mind, I'm sure...)

Good luck with the purchase, @thebrig, keep us posted and show off the new toy if you get it! :)

• Like 1