Why become a member? ×

MarkBass LM ll **SOLD**
£295
North Staffordshire

dodgnofski

MarkBass LM ll 500w RMS Bass Guitar Amplifier complete with a Generic Gigbag and Mains Lead.

This is one of the original Made In Italy examples, prior to them moving production to the Far East, it is in exceptional condition with hardly any signs of wear and is fully operational. I would rate this as being 9/10 condition wise, having only being kept as a back up plus home use albeit with my old eyes.

Having owned or played umpteen MarkBass amps over the years, in my humble opinion I much prefer the warmth and depth provided by the Mark ll over the more recent Mark lll. I have been told that this is due to the analog pre - amp (which may be responsible for the ‘thicker’ sound)  - as opposed to a digital pre amp on later models? - but I’m no expert.

The Fan on this is very quiet, unlike some of MarkBass amps where I have found the fan can be a tad noisy.

The array of tones available from the extensive EQ section are second to none and there is more than enough volume for any Gig unless you were playing exceptionally large venues, where PA support from the D.I. would then obviously be available.

The VPF control is very similar to a Contour, or Taste filter featured on many amps these days and is great asset to achieving the type of  sound you require, with the turn of a single knob.

500 watts RMS at 4 ohms, or 300 watts RMS at 8 ohms, so plenty of volume wether using one 8 ohms Speaker, or two. It will also give the full 500w into a single 4 ohm Cab.

Here are those wonderful Specs we all love : -

INPUT
impedance 500 Kohm, max. voltage 15 Vpp
BALANCED INPUT (XLR)
impedance 22 Khom, max. voltage 25 Vpp
EFFECT RETURN 
impedance 22 Kohm, max. voltage 25 Vpp

CONTROLS

GAIN
-80 dB to +23 dB range
MASTER VOLUME
GROUND LIFT
switch on rear panel

EQUALIZATION

LOW
center frequency: 40 Hz; level: ±16 dB
LOW MID
center frequency: 360 Hz, level: ±16 dB
HIGH MID 
centre frequency: 800 Hz, level: ±16 dB
HIGH
center frequency: 10 kHz, level: ±16 dB
VPF (Variable Pre-shape Filter)
center frequency 380 Hz (cut)
VLE (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator)
frequency range 250 Hz-20 kHz (cut)

OUTPUT

LINE OUT 
balanced XLR, max. voltage 10 Vpp
EFFECT SEND
unbalanced, max. voltage 20 Vpp (pre-EQ)
TUNER OUT

unbalanced, max. voltage 25 Vpp
SPEAKER OUT
speakon, 1/4"

OTHER

WEIGHT
6.39 lbs / 2.9 kg
DEPTH
10.1 in. / 25.6 cm
WIDTH
10.87 in. / 27.6 cm 
HEIGHT
2.8 in. / 7.1 cm
OUTPUT POWER

300W RMS @ 8 ohm, 500W RMS @ 4 ohm
POWER REQUIREMENT
100/120V; 230V; 240V
50/60Hz
(Voltage is factory preset according to region of sale) 

Previously voted “Best Bass Head" and "All-Around Best New Product" by the readers of Bass Player, our top-selling amp has made history with its stunning combination of great sound, compact size and light weight (6.4 lbs). Identical to the head included in all our CMD and mini CMD combos, this unit is truly the flagship amp for the Markbass sound. Its small size allows for easy transportation, but its sound is nothing short of professional. Also offers a bonus XLR balanced input for double bass pickups.

Trades - wise, I may be interested in a Mark Bass 602 or 802 Combo - preferably an Italian Jobbie if possible, or maybe an Eden WTX.

Postage would be via Parcelforce, fully insured & hopefully delivered within 24 hours, COVID permiting to the UK Mainland only - sorry.

Edited by dodgnofski
  • Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic