Why become a member? ×

New rig required.

Foureyes

16 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

You do live in the middle of nowhere but that nowhere happens to be near where the South West Bass Bash is held where you could try out all sorts of stuff once this virus is dying down.

Very true! I may just do that and hold off until I can actually go and test some gear out. Or at least hear it in action. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

When I bought my jazz, I tried it out on a Markbass, then a Rumble.

Nothing wrong with the Markbass, but  the Rumble was easier to get the sound I wanted from.

I’ve playing through a rumble combo before and an amp and head and wasn’t a massive fan. That was quite early in my bass playing though so it may have been an error of mine and not anything to do with the amp it’s self. I’ll add it to my list to try as soon as the world opens up again. 

1 hour ago, Foureyes said:

I’ve playing through a rumble combo before and an amp and head and wasn’t a massive fan. That was quite early in my bass playing though so it may have been an error of mine and not anything to do with the amp it’s self. I’ll add it to my list to try as soon as the world opens up again. 

Don't forget how personal 'that' sound is  -and how much it can depends on the instrument as well as the amp.

• Like 1

Just now, Stub Mandrel said:

Don't forget how personal 'that' sound is  -and how much it can depends on the instrument as well as the amp.

Very true. I definitely won’t discount it now my ear and playing has devolved I might find it a completely different amp! Thank you for the input mate!