Why become a member? ×

Thomann prices?

danbowskill

The simple fact is that all logistics, in and out of the UK, is in a real mess at the moment. I doubt it'll improve quickly because many firms are deliberately hanging back on moving any goods at the moment. In the same way, tracking systems seem to be horribly behind too. My amps arrived from the US before they were actually due to arrive but the UPS tracking was way out of kilter.

Anyone who gets 'good' service at the present time is lucky. There is fault at the root of it all but it is not down to the supplier, carrier or even HMRC, who are overwhelmed and understaffed.

I had notification from UPS that a parcel of Playmobil (not for me this time) was delayed and would be delivered tomorrow.

It arrived today, although the tracking system was showing it as still held up at Standford...

My fretless has just shipped from Thomman, so that's going to be another adventure.

13 minutes ago, jimmyb625 said:

There have already been criticisms on their Facebook page, despite them fairly clearly pointing out there wasn't anything they could do.

I've got no criticism of Thomann's, i've emailed them about my delivery...or shall i say non-delivery & had replies. I sure they're just as frustrated as me, as these sort of issues will more than likely have an impact on their UK sales.

I've seen the criticisms on their FB page as well, some people even mention the additional cost!! It clearly states prices don't include VAT & there will be other charges to pay. In fact i managed to work mine out to very much the ball park figure with one of those import calculators you can find online.

4 hours ago, Graham A said:

That's great 👍

This adds to suspicion that they've actually lost my parcel!!

Can is ask, did your parcel go through customs, & Stanford Le Hope?  If so how long did it take if you don't mind me asking?

Edit - Quoted the wrong thing @bassist_lewis. Should have been about your parcel being at the Edinburgh depot. If mine ever makes it to the Sedgefield depot i'm going to collect. Lol

I don't now exactly when/where it went through customs but it arrived in Stanford Le Hope yesterday, then Tamworth early this morning, then arrived in Edinburgh at about 8am. The board actually arrived today, despite the delivery date being pushed back.

It sounds like something else is going on with your parcel, I hope they haven't lost it!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bassist_lewis said:

I don't now exactly when/where it went through customs but it arrived in Stanford Le Hope yesterday, then Tamworth early this morning, then arrived in Edinburgh at about 8am. The board actually arrived today, despite the delivery date being pushed back.

It sounds like something else is going on with your parcel, I hope they haven't lost it!

Thanks @bassist_lewis 👍

Edited by Graham A

Well, I ordered another pedal from thomann on tuesday afternoon / evening.

Got a sketchy looking text this morning saying delivery is due today, and gave a one hour time slot.

Supposedly from parcel force, but sent from a mobile number, and included a tracking number.

It mentioned the place I had ordered it from as 'German' not 'thomann'.

It also gave a few options to reply. No thanks.

So, it looked like a scam text, but I copied the tracking number and put it in parcel forces own tracking system, and it came up as legit, and from the correct place in germany ordered from and to the nearest hub to me - so maybe it is legit.

It gave the delivery time as between 10 and 11, so we'll see.

I'll be mightily impressed if it gets here so quickly.

Edited by la bam
  • Like 1

I ordered a control cavity cover from Thomann Tuesday morning and have also just had a text to say it's due for delivery today - other than the sender being listed as 'German' what do you find sketchy about it? I'll also be extremely impressed if it gets here this quickly!

3 minutes ago, AxelF said:

I ordered a control cavity cover from Thomann Tuesday morning and have also just had a text to say it's due for delivery today - other than the sender being listed as 'German' what do you find sketchy about it? I'll also be extremely impressed if it gets here this quickly!

Just little alarm bells. The fact it's from a mobile number instead of a short number. The fact they dont know where its come from. Even 'Germany' would make more sense than 'German'. And the options to reply to them. I can understand in an app like dpd, but not replying to a standard mobile numbers text. Also, the last delivery was from UPS.

But, we'll see if it turns up.

11 minutes ago, Kev said:

Very interesting.  They seem to have ditched UPS for that order, and instead of taking two weeks it’s taken 3 days??

Yes, maybe its trial and error until they're happy? Maybe they use a german courier to britain, then one in britain for britain? Maybe that's more efficient?

• Like 1

I've spoke to someone at Thomann's this morning he mentioned that UPS have a huge backlog at the moment. He went on to say that the smaller the item the better chance it has of getting through the system albeit still taking longer than pre-Brexit, it's the larger items they are struggling with.

Perhaps Thomann's have decided to temporarily use another courier due to the backlog UPS are experiencing.

Who knows??

Edited by Graham A

Well, i'm pleased to say it looks like my bass has finally started to move again. It left Stanford Le Hope yesterday evening, then a few hours later it arrived & left Tamworth. I assume it's now made it's way to the Sedgefield Depot, although the depot don't work weekends. I was told last week that anything arriving on Saturday morning is not scanned in until the Monday.

Fingers crossed i can go & collect it then 🤞

Edited by Graham A

Had a few weird delivery timings from a couple of carriers, all uk deliveries. After an issue with a delivery from the Netherlands that went missing for about 10 days.

UPS in particular sent me texts to say it was delayed, it then arrived on the original timing, the app was still saying it was a day late. Also had a timing offset on one recently where I got the 1hr time slot, and then it turned up about 2hrs early, thankfully working from home meant it was okay

• 3 years later...
15 minutes ago, EmmettC said:

I should have read this thread last week, but maybe someone else knows what I should do now.....

I bought a 4u rack case from DV247, it was the design that sold me rather than the price, but the price was ok too. It said in stock at Romford, so I ordered it, the tracking went a bit weird for a day and then it got delayed, but I wasn't in a rush so didn't do anything.

Today I was told I had to pay duty of £47, I was under the impression I was ordering from the UK, so not keen on paying duty now. Plus, that pushes the price up to close to Swan Flight prices, and I'd rather buy there.

I've tried to call DV247, but not got an answer or a reply, I tried emailing and using the website chat, and still nothing.

Anyone know what they're likely to do? I'm considering just cancelling the sale and getting a refund because it's already become a lot of hassle, but I do want the case.

That seems a bit dodge.

Mind you, why are you resurrecting a dead thread about Thomann to have a moan about DV247?  At least Thomann never claim their stuff is coming from anywhere other than Germany and take care of the duty for you (as in pre-calculate it and show you the inclusive price).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, neepheid said:

That seems a bit dodge.

Mind you, why are you resurrecting a dead thread about Thomann to have a moan about DV247?  At least Thomann never claim their stuff is coming from anywhere other than Germany and take care of the duty for you (as in pre-calculate it and show you the inclusive price).

I did a search for duty and DV247, the content seemed relevant, so rather than starting a new post I decided to ask here. Sorry if that was the wrong thing to do.