Why become a member? ×

Thomann prices?

danbowskill

9 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

What, its NOT?!!!

Dammit this is going straight back to Aldi then 😁

image.png.9c53f9c11942be3bb9c90dde8b0dc1f8.png                                                                                          

Don't believe the unbelievers, it's grown on the sunlit, west-facing slagheaps of what was Manvers Colliery, between Swinton and Wath Upon Dearne!

(Only kidding, after decades of neglect by UK governments, the Dearne Valley area was identified as one of the most impoverished in Europe, and the whole colliery site was landscaped and regenerated, mostly with EU funds. 🤣)

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Rich said:

Just for my own amusement, I briefly joined a 'BUY BRITISH!' farcebook group a while back. I enjoyed laughing at some of the swivel-eyed lunacy on display -- you'd be amazed at how many people really think that Yorkshire Tea is actually grown in Yorkshire -- but it quickly became obvious that for a lot of those people, 'Buy British' actually means 'Buy From Anywhere As Long As It's Not The EU'.

I try to buy British wherever possible. I completely agree with your comments about the attitudes shown by a lot of the people on those groups. There is one account on twitter who seem to think that wanting to buy British also equates to hating "them foreigners in the EU" and wanting to be fed Katie Hopkins style right-wing tripe.

7 minutes ago, NickD said:

Don't believe the unbelievers, it's grown on the sunlit, west-facing slagheaps of what was Manvers Colliery, between Swinton and Wath Upon Dearne!

(Only kidding, after decades of neglect by UK governments, the Dearne Valley area was identified as one of the most impoverished in Europe, and the whole colliery site was landscaped and regenerated, mostly with EU funds. 🤣)

Ah Swinton...that explains why we have this said brew in the house, brought down here (with appropriate Customs declaration forms completed) by daughter who's currently up in Manchester.

PS btw where did the EU get those "EU funds" from that it kindly gave us - was it a Brussel's magic money tree? 😁

• Haha 1

On 02/01/2021 at 13:28, Maude said:

I'm a little confused, and I'm quoting your post but it's not just related to your wife's business. 

A few people have said business won't be bothered /don't have the time for all the extra paperwork involved in the new way of collecting VAT. Yet others are saying the handling fee the couriers will be charging is a payment for them handling the VAT collection. 

If the couriers are handling the VAT collection, don't businesses just sell the goods and move on with no extra hassle? 

It's not as simple as that for VAT registered businesses.

31 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

.... btw where did the EU get those "EU funds" from that it kindly gave us - was it a Brussel's magic money tree? 

Oh of course, they stole it all from the poor working class Tommy, and hoarded it in lieu of losing the war... Still, when all that money comes back, Jacob Rees-Mogg is personally going to make sure it's fairly distributed among the communities in which it's needed most .. I mean that's obvious, innit? They've been dying to level up the north ever since it was destroyed by... *checks notes*... er, them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NickD said:

Oh of course, they stole it all from the poor working class Tommy, and hoarded it in lieu of losing the war... Still, when all that money comes back, Jacob Rees-Mogg is personally going to make sure it's fairly distributed among the communities in which it's needed most .. I mean that's obvious, innit? They've been dying to level up the north ever since it was destroyed by... *checks notes*... er, them.

Awww bless 'im guv. Those Yorkshire brew tea drinkers will be well pleased. 

PS tbf the net cost of being in the EU after we got all those nice funds back was only about £350 per household (including single parents). 

Edited by Al Krow

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

What, its NOT?!!!

Dammit this is going straight back to Aldi then 😁

image.png.9c53f9c11942be3bb9c90dde8b0dc1f8.png                                                                                          

Obviously not a serious tea drinker or you would have bought Yorkshire Gold, and not the cheap nasty Red stuff.

4 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Obviously not a serious tea drinker or you would have bought Yorkshire Gold, and not the cheap nasty Red stuff.

It was me daughter, who brung it home, honest guv! 

My old man loves his posh teas, I'm totally content with my PG tips 😁

Edited by Al Krow

1 minute ago, BigRedX said:

What a surprise. Good job I have still plenty left.

Don't believe all the fake news you read BRX. 

Unlimited quantities still available via the Amazon monopoly. 

Being a peasant, I'll stick to the cheap stuff...

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

But if the end result of all of this is more local music stores surviving, in my books that may not be a bad thing.

I think the only people who can really say that with a straight face are people who like want to buy a fender strat or live in London. Local music shops are for the rest of us, the reasons places like thomman and the like are so good!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Browning said:

Portsmouth 550 Tea Bags

Are you implying ....

There is actually a brand of tea grown in Cornwall.  Seriously.  https://tregothnan.co.uk/

A mate of mine, who used to import a sh!tload of ornamental plants from Darjeeling brokered the deal with a tea nursery out there.  The constant mizzle of SW Cornwall is similar to the cloud forest environment tea thrives in.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Don't believe all the fake news you read BRX. 

You mean to say people didn’t panic buy lettuce and clean the shelves of oranges leaving the drippings on the floor? 

I have to say I’m with you on the fake news

that picture made me snort coffee out of my nose when I saw it, “let’s place a few bags of oranges on the floor” 

“the horror!!” 

but people do take it all in and will now panic buy lettuce.

45AF92E8-1B86-4F74-B20A-6E7C5C2CCC20.jpeg

Edited by Bunion
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul S said:

There is actually a brand of tea grown in Cornwall.  Seriously.  https://tregothnan.co.uk/

A mate of mine, who used to import a sh!tload of ornamental plants from Darjeeling brokered the deal with a tea nursery out there.  The constant mizzle of SW Cornwall is similar to the cloud forest environment tea thrives in.

And very pleasant it is too. 🙂👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

I think the only people who can really say that with a straight face are people who like want to buy a fender strat or live in London. Local music shops are for the rest of us, the reasons places like thomman and the like are so good!

Yes I'm very privileged to have the likes of Wunjos on my doorstep and it's unquestionably true that online retail has been crushing the physical store.

But Woody, I don't think your comment is right: there are still a bunch of decent music stores open all around the country.

12 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

But Woody, I don't think your comment is right: there are still a bunch of decent music stores open all around the country.

Well, at least they were (open that is).

Guitar Guitar and The Gallery tend to be my first ports of call. However, back in the first lockdown, the only place I could buy a Focusrite Solo from, in a reasonable timeframe, was Thomann and those Harley Bentons are Thomann specific aren’t they?

Edited by ezbass

38 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Well, at least they were (open that is).

Guitar Guitar and The Gallery tend to be my first ports of call. However, back in the first lockdown, the only place I could buy a Focusrite Solo from, in a reasonable timeframe, was Thomann and those Harley Bentons are Thomann specific aren’t they?

But that's due to a different issue.