Why become a member? ×

Dave Swift on Jools - bass?

DylanB

6 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Looks like it could possibly be this one 

A6CE5BE9-A8D5-4E22-8E2E-8A3928218B00.jpeg

That’s actually a BTB1606 - https://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-dept/bass-guitars/modern-bass-guitars/ibanez-btb1606-dtf-6-string-bass-in-deep-twilight-flat

It’s my favourite of the recent BTB models simply because of the finish. It’s almost identical to the one he used last night on the Hootenanny, but the 1606 has Nordstrand pickups whereas the 1906 from last night has Aguilars.

Edited by CameronJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CameronJ said:

That’s actually a BTB1606 - https://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-dept/bass-guitars/modern-bass-guitars/ibanez-btb1606-dtf-6-string-bass-in-deep-twilight-flat

It’s my favourite of the recent BTBs models simply because of the finish. It’s almost identical to the one he used last night on the Hootenanny, but the 1606 has Nordstrand pickups whereas the 1906 from last night has Aguilars.

Thanks cam, happy new year to you 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DylanB said:

My position has always been that having the same bass as another player won’t make me sound like that player . . . . . .

+1

But if they make you sound like a better version of yourself, that's a win.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

That version of Lets Dance was ace.

I had an older BTB 676 and although I never got to grips with it and sold after about 2 months, it was a great bass.

I thought it was really laboured actually. Tom Jones was surprisingly good though, his voice has held up really well for 80.

2 hours ago, nilebodgers said:

Tom Jones was surprisingly good though, his voice has held up really well for 80.

Yup, he's had his first Covid 19 vaccination jab. Marvellous stuff this vaccine hope it improves my singing. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

7 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

That version of Lets Dance was ace.

I had an older BTB 676 and although I never got to grips with it and sold after about 2 months, it was a great bass.

I agree with Let's Dance, I was sat watching it and thinking to myself "that is a really cool arrangement" and then the Mrs pipes up "I know this", followed by 30 seconds of guessing and then "her voice is awful for this song"

Bubble burst, moment gone!

Really enjoyed the live studio stuff, it seemed like they all put in a "I really miss doing this" shift... I know the feeling!

5 minutes ago, super al said:

I agree with Let's Dance, I was sat watching it and thinking to myself "that is a really cool arrangement" and then the Mrs pipes up "I know this", followed by 30 seconds of guessing and then "her voice is awful for this song"

Bubble burst, moment gone!

Really enjoyed the live studio stuff, it seemed like they all put in a "I really miss doing this" shift... I know the feeling!

“Bowie didn’t sing ‘how dare you’ did he?” was what I had...

I really enjoyed it. 🤷🏻‍♂️👍🏼

• Haha 1