Why become a member? ×

2 versions of M-Audio oxygen 25 midi controller

RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

Howdy ! 
Wishing you a happier new year !

anyway , regarding the above : I  purchased the iv and not the 4G . Not sure which is better . Does it matter? 
I find it annoying that the model numbers are too similar , and confused me somewhat , 

I'm just about to plug it in , but looks like I'll keep it anyway . It works with the  Apple camera connection kit  which I have . 
I purchased it because it wasn't breaking the bank , has everything interns of drum pads as well , seems to be a better upgrade to the akai mpk mini first version which I have  and is somewhat smaller than the m audio radium 49 which I purchased as a semi novice  many years ago

This keyboard hasn't got a midi out socket, but I purchased the alesis q keyboard which is on its way to me on Monday . That has a midi out socket . So, it looks like I've covered all bases ( basses?) 

So if anyone has any advice about the oxygen models , I'd be interested to hear what you think . 

Cheers 

image.jpg

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

28 minutes ago, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

... I'd be interested to hear what you think ...

I'm not absolutely sure, but I believe that the sole difference is in the name. The term 'Mk IV' has made way for the term '4G' (as in Fourth Generation...), like 'phones and other stuff. I've not seen any mention of any other difference. The '4G' is just marketing; the items are the same as the Mk IV.

• Thanks 1