Why become a member? ×

Budget Cables

stewblack

Just bought myself a Thomann solderless cable kit. Why? I hear you cry! Cheap cables will onle exacerbate your noise problems. And off you go shaking your head.

And I don't blame you one bit. But I bought them after watching this guy's review. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, can appear a little too pleased with his own jokes, but the research he does is there for all to see.

In the spirit of sharing the wealth, I wanted to share it with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At that price gotta be worth a punt.... as long as the cable’s not total garbage (and any HB stuff I’ve had has been decent enough quality) it’s only gotta pass a small signal a small distance. Once they’re in, they don’t move or get replugged of course.

Edited by moley6knipe
  • Like 1

These appear to be the same as the Ibanez Mini Link series, which came out really well in this guy's fairly "scientific" comparison (downloadable spreadsheets and everything...). I myself bought couple of the Ibanez kits to do my pedalboard after watching this review. Could have saved about a hundred quid if I went with the Harley Benton branded ones! 

29 minutes ago, AJ567 said:

These appear to be the same as the Ibanez Mini Link series, which came out really well in this guy's fairly "scientific" comparison (downloadable spreadsheets and everything...). I myself bought couple of the Ibanez kits to do my pedalboard after watching this review. Could have saved about a hundred quid if I went with the Harley Benton branded ones! 

Aha! I watched this too today. Brilliant isn't it? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2021 at 23:12, Pea Turgh said:

How did it go buying from Thomann after “reclaiming our sovereignty”?  Did you pay VAT? Or because you bought 31st no VAT but some other charges once in da UK?

Hi PT sorry I missed this. This was my final pre national self harm purchase. 

• Thanks 1