Why become a member? ×

anyone taking bookings for 2021?

skidder652003

Many of the pubs we play regularly at don't curretly even know whether they'll still exist in 2021! Especially those in expensive areas, where developers' millions are always on offer and rarely rejected unless the pub is listed or somehow protected. We fear we may see new blocks of flats in some places where once we used to gig... :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Three particular gigs from this year have been re-scheduled for 2021 - the first in Worcestershire in early March (which I'm not sure may still have to be re-re-scheduled!), another in Southampton in July and another in London around October time (date tba). Hoping to get some other pub gigs etc from around Easter onwards. Fingers crossed, of course.

I’m hoping that my old band have got work lined up, like all of you in gigging bands this year has been difficult for them, though they’ve not stood still, they’ve released an EP and had tracks on compilation albums so still making forward moves. I know they’re already confirmed for the Rebellion Punk Festival in Blackpool next year so fingers crossed they can pick up the momentum that we had.

• Like 1

We have 43 gigs in for 2021 at the moment, ( and 3 in for 2022!) but as they are due to start in March I have no doubt that a number of them won’t happen. Many are rescheduled from 2020 and have already been moved at least once. I’m currently thinking things starting up again from say June onwards would still be a result, assuming the theatres / venues can last till then of course. 

• Like 1

Nope.

Just the weddings that’s have been re-arranged from this year. (I shifted another from March to October only yesterday... third time it’s moved now!)
I’m not taking anything new on at the moment. It’s just an admin overhead I could do without.

9 hours ago, DaytonaRik said:

Just 2 x bike rallies.  I don't even have the heart to phone a landlord that's barely managing to keep his head above water and have the bare faced cheek to ask for a gig in 2021!

Well said, that’s exactly how I feel regarding chasing landlords for gigs, not the time.

9 hours ago, Geek99 said:

Can you play for free ? If he gets a boosted take he might pay something next time.? @DaytonaRik

"Phone a landlord" is a generic phrase for chasing venues, not just landlord - I personally just don't think it's the time to be doing it.  Way too much uncertainty and stress for those in the hospitality trade to be worried about gigs for weekend warriors IMHO

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

According to this calculator I'm in line for the Vaccine between January and June 2022

Not unless they get the vaccination rate up! As of 29th December, they'd done 786000, just over 250000/week... That rate would mean I'd expect to be done by August 2024! https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/12/COVID-19-total-announced-vaccinations-31-December-2020.pdf

I'm hoping that  with GP surgeries starting on the programme it should get a lot faster.

Edited by Leonard Smalls

2 hours ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Not unless they get the vaccination rate up! As of 29th December, they'd done 786000, just over 250000/week... That rate would mean I'd expect to be done by August 2024! https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/12/COVID-19-total-announced-vaccinations-31-December-2020.pdf

I'm hoping that  with GP surgeries starting on the programme it should get a lot faster.

I'm hoping the new vaccine that doesn't need as much refrigeration will mean the process will speed up a bit. And I hope we get more efficient as time goes on.

This could go either way. Pubs will go out of business and bands may be asked to play for nothing or a whip round, then again if the vaccine gets rolled out people could go crazy and live music may be what people think could keep punters spending. I know in my band of five two of us would play for free but two can't afford to, one wants the money but no idea if he could compromise or not. Difficult to call, but we are going to book a venue in our "home" area as soon as we know we can gig and just get out there with a private party. How we charge for that I don't know... Pay what you want type thing so people who are tight for money can still come along for the good time and put in £1 and those who are saving hundreds a month by not commuting to London can stick in a tenner or whatever they think? Who knows. I just want to gig, and see people without having to worry about how far apart we are stood.