iSeal95

SOLD!!!! Orange Bass Butler PRICE DROP = £180 (trade option added)
£200
Huntingdon

Hello everyone!

Here we have The Bass Butler Bi-amp from Orange. Made in England and built like a bunker.

An amazing pedal that compresses your clean dry signal with added tone shaping with a preamp whilst allowing you to mix in a dirty signal. much better than a blend knob IMO.

Dirty signal can be adjusted also using an expression pedal.

Both XLR's have Cab Sims too!

No box but will package very well, includes power supply.

I will also trade for a Sansamp VTDI!

Price includes postage.

134062885_412044276663365_6898616111931312319_n.jpg

133963751_400036624413045_8002433607111951097_n.jpg

133954730_750685279130702_664341753459683075_n.jpg

133792801_787179015220210_4778161297632663438_n.jpg

Edited by iSeal95

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SumOne
      £100 £90 Twickenham pickup or postage at buyers cost.
      This is a valve/tube overdrive/preamp/EQ pedal with a 12AX7 valve, hand built in the UK and designed specifically for Bass ..if you're after tube type overdrive pedal then your best bet is to get something with one!

Info from: http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/dha/vt1/eqdrive/bass#info.
      "The VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive from DHA is a hand built valve Overdrive effects pedal which uses a 12AX7 (ECC83) preamp valve to provide true valve tone, the tone generated has to be heard to be believed! The VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive is suited to bass and keyboard players looking for subtle clean to crunch valve tone for blues and rock. This new model to our VT1 range has a 3 band active EQ with mid range Q plus an XLR balanced DI out.
      Please check out our website for sound clips and forums such as basschat, harmony_central, talkbass and finnbass for reviews and comments.
      Overdrive is achieved by using both gain stages in the 12AX7EH valve/tube to generate the classic valve pre-amp overdrive tone plus a clean op-amp boost is available for extra output volume. The valve is ran at 24V DC so valve soft clipping is generated at low levels of gain and this is amplified by the valve's second stage and the selectable op-amp to provide lots of overdrive volume. This is great with modern solid state amps and fantastic with valve amps. The VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive sounds great when plugged directly into a desk or a digital recording setup via the low noise XLR balanced DI output.
      The Gain and Level controls let you select that tone you been looking for! And don't forget the volume and tone on your guitar which will react well with the VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive just like a real valve amp. There is a true By-Pass Foot Switch which is used to select the Overdrive and EQ part of the circuit but the DI remains on all the time. This means you can use the VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive to DI your other effects or just the bass with or without adding the VT1's valve warmth.
      The 3 band active EQ provides +/- 15dB of cut and boost in each range plus the mid tone control has a Q control so you can adjust the sweet spot frequency.
      There is a bright switch on this model which boosts the treble when selected without losing the bottom end. There is an i/p pad control which is useful when using active or high output pickups.
      The tone is prue valve, fat and warm and completely different to silicon effects pedals which tend to fizz and compress the signal. Unlike silicon pedals you can use the volume control on your bass to control the amount of distortion you want, just turn it up for the solo.
      There is a selectable boost function. This adds additional clean output volume to the valve signal using a low noise op-amp. This function is very usefull when very low levels of gain are required for clean but fat valve tones. The boost control allows the user to set the boost level.
      The output of the VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive is connected to a standard 1/4" jack for use with an amp and an XLR balanced DI connector which is in parallel. This means both outputs can be connected at the same time, so the 1/4" might go to the amp for the stage backline and the DI to the PA or desk. The DI is also intended for studio recording as the pedal is really a valve/tube pre-amp so will add warmth to any set up. There is a DI ground lift switch which is useful if a ground loop hum occurs."

...not many (any?) pedals will tick all these boxes for £90.
      Bought from here about 6 months ago with the proviso that it had some ground buzz with a certain setup, that has never been an issue for me using the in/out 1/4" jacks - but I've not used it as a DI through the XLR so that might be where the issue was (I don't have anything with an XLR input to check), or perhaps it was a grounding or power supply issue. The headphone output is quite hissy, I think that's just the way it is on all of these though.  I've only used it as an effect pedal using jacks in/out for it's valve preamp /EQ/overdrive tones and it works great for that, not unusual hiss or noises. So it's being sold as what I used it for - an preamp/EQ/overdrive effect pedal using the 1/4" input/output jacks, not for using the XLR output as I can't test and guarantee the quality of that. Power supply included.
      My seller feedback is here https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/446834-feedback-for-sumone/?tab=comments#comment-4400336

• By dangoose
      This is a review of my experience with a fairly old school combo bass guitar amp from Ashdown Music. These haven't been made for a long time now but they can be picked up fairly cheaply used and if you know what to look for you can get a very capable example that can ace rehearsals and do small Gigs easily. And is very easy to carry around.  
      The MAG 250 is an intermediate amplifier version that sits nicely between the old school MAG 200 mosfet combos and the later MAG300 bi polar amp combos. What you can expect to get is a fairly lightweight chipboard cabinet that is covered with black carpet and has two rear ports on the speaker box. Standard plastic corners, and a rubber strap handle are fitted. Originally no rubber feet were fitted to these combos so they are prone to wear on the bottom panel.  The amp chassis section is fairly interesting in that its made of lightweight magnesium alloy and only a fraction of the weight of EB180 and MAG300 steel chassis versions. This is a major plus as it gives the combo a very lightweight feel. The pre-amp is standard MAG specification and the power amp section is essentially a MAG300 with a smaller 250VA toroidal transformer. Early MAG 250's were convection cooled but can be prone to overheating if used at high power for extended periods. Later examples had a cooling fan fitted ( a standard 80mm Jamicon fan unit ) longitudinally inside the amp chassis. These are the most desirable versions. The standard speaker fitted to these units was a SICA branded 8 ohms 15 inch unit. I'm not sure of the power rating as its not stamped on the chassis but expect this is the same unit fitted to MAG 300 combos of the time so likely to be between 200 to 300 watt rating. The driver seems fairly efficient and can easily handle the MAG 250 output. 
      In use the pre-amp is bog standard MAG. You have high/low inputs for passive/active basses, an input volume, 5 band EQ with bass(usually swept around 100Hz), low mids swept normally at 220Hz, middle swept at 660Hz , high mids swept at 1.6 Khz and treble swept around 7Khz. There is a low boost and a high boost switch, a main EQ in/out and a switchable sub octaver with adjustable knob. The DI is post EQ and there is an effects send/return and a tuner /line out. if you have ever used a MAG or an Electric Blue amp these will all be familiar and the EQ section can create a wide variety of tones. RM users will also find these controls familiar. The rear panel has two speaker out jacks with a safe minimum impedance of 4 ohms. Essentially adding an external 8 ohm cab will allow the full power and headroom to be used. 
      In use this combo can really deliver a fine and powerful output from its inbuilt speaker. I tested this with a p-bass straight in and with the input around 3/4 and the master around half on the dial, it delivers a tight focused output that sounds clean and detailed around 30-40 feet away. One thing you will notice is the amp chassis gets very warm at this sort of high volume and after a long session. This is normal as the chassis is also part of the cooling mechanism for MAG 250's.
      The combo tested in this review was owned by me and originally was built and left the Ashdown UK factory around May 2003. It was reviewed last year at a local rehearsal studio.

In summary, here are some pros and cons:
      Pros
      lightweight alloy amp chassis makes this a breeze to transport (15.5 KG typical total combo weight)
      Lightweight particle board cab
      Rear ported for a deep smooth tone
      Punches easily as high as later MAG300 combo's for loudness.
      Cheap as chips used
      Simple to repair/maintain
      Parts cheap and easily accessible. 
      Efficient SICA blue line driver
      Typical Ashdown tone.

Cons
      rehearsal / small gigs only
      prone to overheating during long gigs if it doesn't have the cooling fan update. 
      prone to wear on the bottom panel as did not have rubber feet as standard and carpet/corners can get torn/worn.
      cats love these combos for sharpening their claws so never buy one from a cat owner as it will likely be torn to shreds down the side panels. 

Verdict - one of Ashdown's hidden gems where lightweight amp chassis design/technology wasn't appreciated at the time(except by those in the know). 

• By shybaldbuddhist
      Set of flatwound chrome long scale medium gauge bass strings. Only played once before deciding I needed a lighter gauge.
      Gauges are: 50, 70, 85, 105. 
      The strings are cut to fit a Fender Jazz bass so will still be long enough for all types of bass.
      Normally £42. Will post for a couple of pounds extra. 

• By Marky Screen
      Picked one of these up as they seem to be the absolute long and danglies of bass drives. It's in mint boxed condition with Velcro on the bottom.
      They are indeed glorious, with a huge number of switches for sound and usage options and a great sounding, wide range drive section.
      Switches for deep setting in both channels which gives you more LF.
      909 switch for more gain on the OD side.
      GO and bolt switches for mutual exclusive switching or someother magic.
      And the boost is top notch as well.
      Studio needs a big upgrade now thou and I should commit to the ease of the HX stomp for the few small gigs I'm actually playing this year so I'm looking to move it on, along with a few other hi end pedals, listed separately.
      Price includes UK postage.

• By d_g
      I’m looking to upgrade my Sub Phatty to a 37 key Moog, preferably the Subsequent 37. Trades possible with cash your way.
      Will also consider straight sale. In great condition, keys are very slightly yellowed and includes Moog branded soft case.
      Get in touch! 

Cheers
      Dan