Why become a member? ×

January Composition Challenge

lurksalot

A little bit early maybe ,  but it is just possible there are a few of you sitting around full of minces pies, chocolate and cake just needing an excuse to get creative.

Have a look at this picture from last months winner @Doctor J  and let's hear what sort of toonage it inspires :D 

jellyphant.jpge

Usual rules apply. You know the drill:

✔️ Entries must be <5 minutes and written/recorded this month.

No illegal samples, copyright infringements or other snide goings-on

Bagpipes. ( Christmas truce now expired) . Also on thin ice with panpipes, to be perfectly honest.

No voting for your own entry. We'll know. And we'll shame you.

Deadline for entries is midnight on Burns Night *, Monday 25th  January 

Enjoy :sun_bespectacled:

* this does not constitute or indicate bagpipe tolerance , it is a mere coincidence.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Unfortunately, this, from 'Guff'...

"This photo that circulated of a particularly happy elephant is actually a mechanical elephant from Disneyland's Jungle Cruise ride...."

1 minute ago, upside downer said:

Not real? Rats. My faith in 2021 being a better year has imploded already.

Yep , I feel a blues vibe now , it was going to be an up beat rocky type toon , but I guess I’ll just reduce the BPM till it sounds appropriate ! 

1 minute ago, lurksalot said:

Yep , I feel a blues vibe now , it was going to be an up beat rocky type toon , but I guess I’ll just reduce the BPM till it sounds appropriate ! 

I feel daft. I asked my wife if it was an African or Indian elephant. 'Mechanical' wasn't the answer I expected. I don't even know where Mechanica is.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

...Or was that a joke?...

You're new here, aren't you..? -_-

No, seriously... This 'Challenge' has been running, every month, for many years now, and is far from being a joke. We do, however, have a certain complicity between some long-standing (and long-suffering...) members who regularly participate. I would heartily recommend that you have a go yourself, and shortly you'll be just as we are, ribbed, subject to banter, leg firmly pulled and have your efforts warmly welcomed and appreciated. It's all good fun; jump right in, the water's lovely.:friends:

(No, no bagpipes. Seriously. No bagpipes. OK..? None. Nada. Zero. OK..? >:(...)

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SH73 said:

Is the photo any good for a metal inspiration?

If by 'metal' you mean 'bagpipes', the answer is 'No..!; otherwise : 'Knock yourself out', 'Fill your boots', 'Go for it', 'Try your luck', 'Garn, I dare yer'... (or, the short version : 'Yes, if that's what it inspires in you.'). -_-

Edited by Dad3353
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Can I use the Uillean pipes I got for Christmas? They sound great through a Future Impact pedal!

How would we know..? Everything sounds dreadful the same through a Future Impact pedal, as you prove to us each month. -_-

:lol: :P.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Everything sounds dreadful the same through a Future Impact pedal, as you prove to us each month.

You're not going to like this months special offering then!

😝

And so far I've laid off both the Uillean and Northumbrian pipes, but with all the insults I've been getting I may have to break them out, as well as getting my Galician neighbour Jose in to do a Gaita solo. And he can whistle and yodel!!!