Why become a member? ×

Hmmm. Thunderbird content/well sort of.

NancyJohnson

A chap over on the LBO bought one of the reissued Thunderbird NRs a while back - it was right-handed, he's a leftie, and he had it flipped to play left handed.  I took the liberty of flipping his photo to convert it back to right-handed.

I've been giving some thought to getting Spencer at Mike Lull to build me something new and (as we have building work upcoming), I suppose this came along at the right wrong time.  It has got my creative juices flowing; the design is very subtle, it's a 'bird, but it's not quite a 'bird.  Imagine this in a flat black finish (like my other two), with a two part bridge, chrome 60s pickups, nice clover leaf Hipshots.  Jeepers.

nrflipped.jpg

• Like 2

I really like that! 

I know what you mean - “it’s a ‘bird, not quite a ‘bird” - it feels a bit RD Artist-y, which I know is a (not quite) ‘bird shape, but still... slightly different.

I wish I’d bought one of those reissue Pelham Blue NR basses when they were out a few years back. Macari’s had one in the window for years after they first got it in and the price dropped to around £800 at one point, I think.

Not a fan of the black p/up covers but have to say they look lovely on that bass you’ve posted - that said, if it were me, I’d be going for chrome!

11 minutes ago, Old Man Riva said:

I really like that! 

I know what you mean - “it’s a ‘bird, not quite a ‘bird” - it feels a bit RD Artist-y, which I know is a (not quite) ‘bird shape, but still... slightly different.

I wish I’d bought one of those reissue Pelham Blue NR basses when they were out a few years back. Macari’s had one in the window for years after they first got it in and the price dropped to around £800 at one point, I think.

Not a fan of the black p/up covers but have to say they look lovely on that bass you’ve posted - that said, if it were me, I’d be going for chrome!

I had one of the NRs.  Sunburst...had issues, fell out of love with it.  Saw the ones that Macari's had; we were up in London New Year Eve two or three years ago and just asked them what their best price was, but they wouldn't even consider budging.  Ho hum.