Why become a member? ×

Squier CV 70’s Precision SOLD elsewhere
£285
Lancaster

ash

Squier CV 70’s Precision Bass in Walnut 

This bass is unmarked and as new with inspection tag and new Rotosound strings.

It weighs 3.6kgs and plays and sounds great. The walnut finish shows off some lovely figuring on the back of the bass. The neck on this bass is amazing for the money. 

I bought it on a whim very recently as it looked and played so well but I always revert to my older basses.

Comes with original box so happy to courier at buyer’s cost UK only. Sorry no trades. 

Edited by ash
Sold elsewhere
  • Like 9

I must admit, I really liked the look of the earlier (Chinese made) version of this bass, in Black
But I think I like the Walnut colour even more. It looks so 70's, and really cool.....Unlike an Austin Alegro in similar colour ;) 

Did you weigh this bass on a fairly accurate scale @ash?
I ask because I'm sure I read in the Specs that these were 5Kg..... which sounded too heavy to me

EDIT: Just double checked that - it says "shipping weight 6kg" in the specs on PMT's website
So I guess that's the total weight including the box & packaging? Which seems a strange specification to quote for customers (apart from those wanting to courier)

Edited by Marc S

24 minutes ago, Marc S said:

I must admit, I really liked the look of the earlier (Chinese made) version of this bass, in Black
But I think I like the Walnut colour even more. It looks so 70's, and really cool.....Unlike an Austin Alegro in similar colour ;) 

Did you weigh this bass on a fairly accurate scale @ash?
I ask because I'm sure I read in the Specs that these were 5Kg..... which sounded too heavy to me

EDIT: Just double checked that - it says "shipping weight 6kg" in the specs on PMT's website
So I guess that's the total weight including the box & packaging? Which seems a strange specification to quote for customers (apart from those wanting to courier)

Hi Marc yes I weighed it on a digital scale which I weigh all my basses on. To put it into perspective my JV Squier ‘83 P bass is 4.1kgs, my JV Jazz ‘83 is 4.4kgs. My original walnut 77 Precision sold on here recently was 4.5kgs. The CV basses do vary and a black one that I owned and subsequently sold weighed 4.3kgs. You may notice I’m always asking for weights of basses in the sales ads as it’s important to me owing to a shoulder injury 😊.

8FF540D2-51EF-4A64-A64D-E040F4202DB3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These basses are great.  At a recent live recording session I took along my walnut Squier and a Sandberg, and ended up not touching the Sandberg.  The previous iteration of the Squier 70s precision was basswood but this current one is nato, so perhaps that explains the weight change (mine is 3.76kg).  GLWTS!

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, ash said:

Hi Marc yes I weighed it on a digital scale which I weigh all my basses on. To put it into perspective my JV Squier ‘83 P bass is 4.1kgs, my JV Jazz ‘83 is 4.4kgs. My original walnut 77 Precision sold on here recently was 4.5kgs. The CV basses do vary and a black one that I owned and subsequently sold weighed 4.3kgs. You may notice I’m always asking for weights of basses in the sales ads as it’s important to me owing to a shoulder injury 😊.

Thanks for that info @ash - always good to know - I don't have a shoulder injury per-se.... but due to my ageing back, neck, hips, shoulders etc etc etc ;)
I'm always on the lookout for lighter weight options for basses and amp gear. 

I've got one of the earliest Chinese made Squier CV basses, in very pale blue. It's become my go-to bass for the gigs I need a P bass. Even over my Limelight PJ :o
It's near enough spot on 4kg, and I've played other CV's which have been the same, or just over..
I really really don't "need" another Precision (well, not until I sell one or two basses anyhow) but I keep looking at these.
Back "in the day" I had a Maple board Mocha coloured Fender P which weighed a tonne, and had a very chunky neck profile - but this looks amazing, and nice & light too....
Sigh, c'mon marketplace.... please pick up soon ;)

Cheers again, and apologies for hijacking your Sales thread with questions :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• MB1 locked this topic