Why become a member? ×

Twin Neck Wal - 2x5 Fretted & Fretless

PaulThePlug

1 hour ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Recently youtube insisted I watch a video of a guitar that was fretted up to the 10th or 11th fret and fretless there after.

And I wondered if something similar would be more useful to bassists?

Looking at this, um, aggrandisement, I feel my thought to be, at least, not the worst idea going.

Recent thread on this: 

4 hours ago, Shaggy said:

An amazing beastie O.o - surprised there’s only one pickup per “bass” though.

Should get snapped up fast, even at £7K

Probably inspired by Jonas Hellborg’s twin neck Wal, which also had a single pickup per bass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

I'd be so tempted to hire some kind of engineer to cut it down the middle and work in a seamless connection so you can 'click' them together as a double neck, or play them individually. Maybe even talk to Wal about building two additional pieces with the same connection so they look like 'normal' basses when not 'clicked' together as a double neck. I imagine the cost of such a procedure would be astronomical! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

I'd be so tempted to hire some kind of engineer to cut it down the middle and work in a seamless connection so you can 'click' them together as a double neck, or play them individually. 

I'd be more inclined to make a Junior Brown style stand ...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

I'd be so tempted to hire some kind of engineer to cut it down the middle and work in a seamless connection so you can 'click' them together as a double neck, or play them individually. Maybe even talk to Wal about building two additional pieces with the same connection so they look like 'normal' basses when not 'clicked' together as a double neck. I imagine the cost of such a procedure would be astronomical! 

This is what got Christophe LEDUC in the Guinness book, the separable bass that allows you to have one double neck bass or two single basses :

56i.jpg.ab31d01599470cc1d2d985559229c4ce.jpg

56accessoiresi.jpg.5d2e4bfcfebea728d9918f7c0ddf5cac.jpg

http://leduc.fr/index.php/basses/aliens

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

This is what got Christophe LEDUC in the Guinness book, the separable bass that allows you to have one double neck bass or two single basses :

56i.jpg.ab31d01599470cc1d2d985559229c4ce.jpg

56accessoiresi.jpg.5d2e4bfcfebea728d9918f7c0ddf5cac.jpg

http://leduc.fr/index.php/basses/aliens

That is exactly what I'd want to do to the Wal... might be 'a sin' but it'd make it such a truly usable instrument.