Why become a member? ×

I have finally succumbed to the small rig vibe.

DiMarco

This rig is arriving next week, standing about 114cm tall.

Ministeck.thumb.png.3b4415ea59dcb41e2d7bc39873c6b229.png

I should tell you my other two rigs are a Trace RAH600SMX with an SWR Henry the 8x8 cab, and a Trace Hexa Valve with Barefaced Big Twin II.
The main reason for the small rig is I don't see any bigger venues in the near future and play small jamsessions and in-house parties more.
I went for as much utility value as possible hence the TC head with all its bells & whistles.

Wonder how it will stack up to the bigger rigs. Tonewise I will probably be losing quite some heft and warmth I'm afraid.

Edited by DiMarco
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Alec said:

My RH450 is a better fit on my Genz Benz STL-10T.

I love the fact that when I'm out and about with my bass, amp & cab, the heaviest item is the bass....

288797_10150409660452868_1239378804_o.jpg

My setup for smaller pub gigs is a Quilter BB800, a Barefaced one10 and a Steinberger Spirit XT2 bass.  I don't think I could go any more compact. :)

Frank.

I owned a One10 but sold it. Just wasn't loud enough. These T-E cabs are really nice though.
More top end then the One10 and the lows are great too. So far loving them!

Now I only need that RH750 to arrive - The Elf does run out of headroom pretty quickly.

thisthough.thumb.jpg.6bd1def88b7a4d338c670c720a97183f.jpg

Edited by DiMarco
Multiple typos
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Woodwind said:

on a tangent what bass is that? Viscount? Vincent?

Looks interesting

Vincent. I had it built by my specs. Passive, bridge pickup is switched single/single/parallel/series with the three jaguar style switches. Slanted neck pickup for more even bottom end across the strings. Lacquered bubinga fretboard because I love Rics.

Meanwhile I received the new amp for this stack. It sounds very tight, solid and warm.
"Tube tone" on the amp is a bs dial though, I see no use for that. The Spectracomp on the other hand is really nice.

ministack.thumb.jpg.2e43eeca43711fb038424efa1c5c4e7e.jpg

Here's some closeup pics of that Vincent bass:

01_Hyperjazz_front.thumb.jpg.c2714c94302955c8cc59a635791618c8.jpg

07_Hyperjazz_body_angle3.thumb.jpg.c721877565efadc96d78e2129a3033cc.jpg

Edited by DiMarco
Always typos
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

@DiMarco Lovely rig!!

I've been long thinking about buying two of those TE cabs also for use with my TC BH550. How loud/low can they really get? Is there much punch to the set up? What about high end (these are tweeterless as I understand?) 

Edited by 40hz
  • Like 1

On 28/01/2021 at 09:46, 40hz said:

@DiMarco Lovely rig!!

I've been long thinking about buying two of those TE cabs also for use with my TC BH550. How loud/low can they really get? Is there much punch to the set up? What about high end (these are tweeterless as I understand?) 

Surprisingly loud, but I yet have to test them properly in a live situation. With the lockdown going on I haven't really had the chance to use them in the band yet- haven't practiced in over a month now.
That said, at the local jamsession where there's two guitar combos and a drummer, usually a sax and keyboards too my old SWR 2x10" can hold its own just fine so I expect two 2x8" of this quality to be more then sufficient in that setting. On a bigger venue I will use the Barefaced 2x12" which is insanely loud.

I play in a punkrock band where I have to compete with two 100w Marshall stacks and a hard hitting drummer so it remains to be seen if I can use the 2x8" cabs in that setting. But I mainly bought this small footprint rig for situations other then the group of overly noisy maniacs I call my band. 😁For the band I have a Trace Elliot RAH600SMX, Hexa Valve and an Ampeg SVT-4 Pro.

Edited by DiMarco