Why become a member? ×

Fender 1975 USA Jazz Bass. £2100. Maple neck, Ash body. Maple fretboard w/ MOP inlays.
£2150
Glasgow, Scotland

Ruairidh

Absolutely stunning example of a Fender Jazz. 

PRICE DROP- £2100

Here I am (very sadly) selling this fine example of 1975 Fender USA Jazz bass.

Ash body, matching neck and maple fretboard with binding and block inlays. 3 bolt neck. It has the original scratchplate which has never been changed, only removed for set ups etc. I like the ashtray cover, but its easily removed. I also have the original ashtray bridge cover that I will include. Black thumb rest has also never removed by my myself as I like to keep everything the same as the way I purchased it. Bridge has been upgraded with an early edition Leo Quan Badass bridge, fitted around 75. This has aged very well alongside the wood and other parts so it resonates in harmony with the wood adding plenty more punch and dynamic range to your tone.

Everything apart from the upgraded (IMO more responsive and dynamic) Badass bridge on the bass is original.

Tuned E to G its whole 46 career.

Selling due to bad timing-I have too many Jazz basses and I feel this is too precious to play frequently so I rarely play it and I've never personally gigged with it myself. The sound it produces is huge and has plenty of depth. If you're looking for that Marcus tone, vibe and look, it's got it in spades. I've played many Fenders and quite a few 70's era Jazz and P-Basses and this really feels like a true classic Jazz bass that one of their Master Builders would be proud of if they came close to replicating the sound, feel and character of this bass.

Purchased from GuitarGuitar Glasgow last October, It's playability makes you you just flow freely. If you've owned many basses you'll understand what I mean. It's dripping with MOJO. Very well looked after, so minimal wear for a 45 year old bass. Set up regularly and stored in a temperature and humidity controlled environment. Also a smoke free household. The previous player and owner of this bass had owned this bass it's entire life and you can tell it's been well looked after. They would regularly service and set it up due to working with instruments professionally for years and having full access to a highly reputable workshop.

The neck is straight and the truss rod has been well maintained. To play, it feels great and fretboard looks great with the MOP block inlays which have a lovely glow under sun and stage light. Zero fret wear and the body has aged so well that the natural unplugged tone is loud, projects well and has its own character. It's a very versatile bass capable of producing many different tones. Whilst playing natural and pinched harmonics, they sound bigger with more depth and through the beautifully aged maple body.

It has a very full and alive tone which also sounds great acoustic. Really brings out the feel in you as it's very fun to play. Zero crackling or undesirable noise when adjusting your tones du to the tone pots being maintained well. It's developed a very unique and naturally punchy tone due to the beautifully aged matching Ash body, maple neck, and maple fretboard. I have owned modern 70's reissues which have very little terms of charm or character. Mainly as its all new wood, which takes time time to mature and develop. The fact that the instruments parts have been together for decades adds tonnes of resonance to the sound and tone of the bass. The secret to this special bass is rooted deep within its beautiful natural maple wood grain. It will only continue to grow and develop over time. Invest in your tone!

Comes with a beautiful original Fender hard case with solid and beautiful orange fur lining to really give that feeling your about to play a really special instrument. I string this with Dunlop Nickel Superbright's. (.45 to .105 gauge) These treat the frets well and as it was purchased from a very reputable guitar shop employee and store everything was set up and checked to a very high standard. More pictures will be along soon with extra light and nicer surroundings on a Hercules stand. It's harder to get to my usual nice pictures with a limited neutral backround space and a lack of natural light, Make's it difficult to show you how nice it is in the flesh.

The bass itself weighs 11.2lb. So plenty of tone from it!

Also, if you have specific parts you'd like an image of, please PM me and ill get them along to you. Due to the whole "situation" I'm looking for a straight sale. Not into negotiating on price as I don't want to lose money so posted at price paid for and classic Fenders accumulate value really well. However, I may be swayed into a partial trade plus cash.

I like Dingwall (intrigued by the fanned fret thing and their tone) Strandberg. Overwater, Sandberg, Limelight etc I can arrange for delivery of this bass all over the EU at the buyers expense. I have plenty of experience at selling instruments so my boxing and packaging skills are quite efficient and secure. I can also deliver within a reasonable distance in order to try but only if the person was serious and there was a contribution towards distance travelled to and from the location.

Happy to arrange for a safely socially distanced, sanitised and masked time with the jazz before you buy when it's ok to do so. Any questions you may have, don't hesitate to PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks, Ruairidh.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v1hf0fjwqu-uV-MTV7QsCqod-M780CLa/view?usp=drive_web

full_jazz.jpg.jpg

backofbass_hercules1.jpg.jpg

Fullbody_front_1.jpg.jpg

Back_topdown.jpeg.jpg

body_neck_join1.jpg.jpg

bodyandneck.jpg.jpg

headstock4.jpg.jpg

Pots1.jpg.jpg

Cutaway_1.jpg - Copy.jpg

Ashtrayfront.jpg - Copy.jpg

backofneck1.jpg - Copy.jpg

backofneckheel1.jpg - Copy.jpg

backofneckmiddle1.jpg - Copy.jpg

body_stamps1.jpg - Copy.jpg

bodystamp5.jpg - Copy.jpg

bodystamp5.jpg.jpg

bodystamps2.jpg - Copy.jpg

bodystamps2.jpg.jpg

bodystamps4.jpg.jpg

Brassnut_bulletrod.jpg - Copy.jpg

controlpots1.jpg.jpg

Cutaway_2jpg.jpg

exposedpickups.jpg.jpg

Neckheel1.jpg.jpg

Heeljoin_topdown2.jpg.jpg

machineheadrear2.jpg.jpg

Machineheads1.jpg.jpg

Neckandhell1.jpg.jpg

Neckbodyjoin.jpg.jpg

Neckbodyjoin2.jpg.jpg

Neckheel1.jpg.jpg

Neckleft1.jpg.jpg

neckstamp1.jpg.jpg

neckstamp2.jpg.jpg

potinternal1.jpg.jpg

Pots1.jpg.jpg

pots2.jpg.jpg

potsfromabove1.jpg.jpg

potsunderneath4.jpg.jpg

pupswithoutcovers1.jpg.jpg

pupswithoutcovers2.jpg.jpg

rearbottomheel1.jpg.jpg

rearneckstamp4.jpg.jpg

rearofbass1.jpg.jpg

rearofbass2.jpg.jpg

third_to_fifth_fret_topside1.jpg.jpg

tophornrear1.jpg.jpg

topofheadstock1.jpg.jpg

frontofbody2.jpg.jpg

headstock1.jpg.jpg

headstock2.jpg.jpg

potsfrominside2.jpg.jpg

PUPashtray_bridge1.jpg.jpg

rearbottomheel1.jpg.jpg

topofneckleft1.jpg.jpg

underneath_ashtray1.jpg.jpg

Edited by Ruairidh
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ruairidh said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v1hf0fjwqu-uV-MTV7QsCqod-M780CLa/view?usp=drive_web

Please let me know if that doesn't work.

Thanks, King Tut and Reggaebass for pointing that out. i thought the site still used jpeg. It's been that long...

Roo.

So using that link, on a Mac, I can see a list of the pics but then it directs me to different apps to unzip them. You should still be able to attach jpegs . . . . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, King Tut said:

So using that link, on a Mac, I can see a list of the pics but then it directs me to different apps to unzip them. You should still be able to attach jpegs . . . . 

Perfect boss. Thanks for your help. I'll get onto that just now.

1 minute ago, bassfan said:

The link just says unsupported file on my iPhone/iPad. 

Yeah, their appears to be a clash between the PC and Apple thing. If you'd like to see more images I can PM them over Facebook. 

It is so much easier.

Regards, Ruairidh.

4 minutes ago, Ruairidh said:

Yeah, their appears to be a clash between the PC and Apple thing. If you'd like to see more images I can PM them over Facebook. 

It is so much easier.

Regards, Ruairidh.

I’m not on Facebook. Not to worry was just saying I can’t access the pics on an apple device. 👍🏻

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bassfan said:

I’m not on Facebook. Not to worry was just saying I can’t access the pics on an apple device. 👍🏻

I'll work on getting them on here bud, it's too beautiful not to be seen.

Thanks for making me aware of that btw.

Roo.

Edited by Ruairidh
  • Like 1

God loves a tryer eh. haha. I found the post as soon as it wen't up and thought you were referring to someone else as there's a few people messaging me about it. I can send you the 10% in peace, love and harmony though. Hope you're well! 

20 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

10% commission??? 😉😉😂

I love it man, haha!

Roo.

Based on 67 digit, shouldn't this be listed as a 76?

My 76 jazz sports same digit so if u have a source I'd be happy to know it :) :)

Anyway glws as it looks like a superb exemple!!! 

Edit : apparently should be a 75 ^^ 

Screenshot_20201231_225115_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by k-sad

2 hours ago, k-sad said:

Based on 67 digit, shouldn't this be listed as a 76?

My 76 jazz sports same digit so if u have a source I'd be happy to know it :) :)

Anyway glws 

Edit : apparently should be a 75 ^^ 

Screenshot_20201231_225115_com.android.chrome.jpg

Sorry mate you are right, i'm wrong. We all make mistakes and I offer my sincere apologies to anyone who is offended that I mixed up the year. This bass was a gift to me after a significant promotion in my chef career-the irony being I now have to sell this as my chef career isn't there when this virus dissapears. I never intended to deceive anyone as I think my picture's are rather honest. It's their in an image and you know your years so I'm sure you know I made a mistake. 

I have since been sent a copy of the receipt which does confirm it is a 1975. Apologies for this.

show_in_folder.jpg.jpg

Edited by Ruairidh
  • Like 1