Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fernandes (Japan, early 80s) Master Hand SB-85 "Pre-EB Stingray" with original Music Man 2eq preamp - - - > PRICEDROP €550!!
£600
Netherlands

SurroundedByManatees

Fernandes SB-85

Very nice and rare Stingray inspired model from Fernandes. This bass is bass on the Stingrays from that Era, so with 3 bolt neck, slab body bullet truss rod...

The bass is in reasonable condition for its +/- 40 years in existence. There are scratches and dents (a few deeper ones on the back), but nothing structural. The original preamp has oxidation (will include it in the sale), but an original Music Man Preamp which has been fitted now. Some wood has been carved out of the cavity to make the preamp fit.

Pics:

euzzqYh.jpg

9qgyXwj.jpg

X0J2yFs.jpg

Q6SUwV1.jpg

J5XG2cs.jpg

emHbXzP.jpg

m2k8Qvq.jpg

z1iKvEz.jpg

t8LbemP.jpg

GcAprv5.jpg

I am located in the Netherlands, but I am happy to ship at buyers risk and expense.

Asking €675

No trades please, the funds already have a destination:) 

UK buyers please contact me before purchasing so we can find out what's the best option given the current situation.

Edited by SurroundedByManatees
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, RaNoFuNkY said:

Looks ace. Could you comment on the neck please, in terms of width and depth? Is that also similar to a typical 'Ray? (I suspect it is, but I just wanted to check).

Thanks and GLWTS

I dont have a pre EB stingray lying around to compare. But my memory says its similiar to the old sabres ive owned. I think nut width is 42mm (should measure to be sure), but less chunky (thinner back to front) than a modern Stingray.

Its a nice punchy sounding bass :)

• MB1 locked this topic