Why become a member? ×

Fred T Baker - FTB Crimbo 2020 - outstanding playing

Mikey D

Show some love for the criminally underrated (unless you know, then you know) FTB. Please like and share his vid if you appreciate it.

The big guitar starts just after 9 minutes.

I was lucky enough to have lessons with Fred almost 15 years ago. I remember walking into my first lesson with anticipation after reading a byline article many years before in Bassist about this underrated bass player that had a cassette demo of him playing Pachabels canon in multiple parts with harmonics. Needless to say this man could do that and much more. 

Enjoy

Edited by Mikey D
  • Like 3

He was my bass tutor at Barnsley college in the 90s. Never actually managed a single lesson together due to clashing schedules!! Always sad I missed out, but he did come and do a masterclass one day and the room was just full of stunned young bass players :)

Edited by gafbass02
  • Like 1

A couple of years at Birmingham Conservatoire here. Tbh a lesson with Fred wasn't a lesson in the traditional sense. In between the stories and bites of outstanding improv I'd get him to play a whole tune around a particular technique, concept or theory and just take it all in and try and practise what I saw picking up things on the way. 

• Like 1