Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT-4 Pro - Price drop £550 - *WITHDRAWN*
£800
Brighton

Jamesliability

Ampeg SVT-4 Pro for sale

Price reduced to £550

Mint condition aside from a few scratches on the underside and comes with a Gator 4U rack case and rear mounted rack fan. The amp is side vented so I drilled some holes in the side of the case in front of the amps exhaust fan and I have never had any problems with overheating. I bought it in 2014 and still have the sales receipt and manual although as you can see from the pictures of the back panel it was manufactured in 2012.

It's a beast of an amp which I'm sad to let go of, but as I don't need all of the features (bi amp etc), I bought a 7 Pro as I wanted something lighter and can't really justify keeping both.

If anybody would like more pictures or information please let me know.

Ampeg blurb:

In the world of high-performance bass amps, Ampeg’s SVT amplifiers are in a class by themselves. In true Ampeg tradition, the SVT-4 PRO offers you more power, performance and flexibility than any other bass amplifier in its class.

SVT-4PRO offers an expansive palette of tonal options. The Frequency control allows you to select the center frequency for the Midrange control, giving you five distinct voicing options for the Midrange. And if that’s not enough, you can use the 9-Band Graphic EQ to fine-tune your sound—or use it to set up a footswitchable “second channel” with a volume boost for your bass solo.

SVT-4PRO is designed for the player who wants SVT tone and performance (with a few modern enhancements) in a convenient, high-powered, rackmount design. With a huge diverse group of artist endorsements, including Tony Levin (Peter Gabriel/King Crimson), Cliff Williams (AC/DC), Pablo Stennett (Ziggy Marley) and far too many others to list here, the SVT-4PRO is a clear favorite among professionals. In the world of high performance bass amps, the Ampeg SVT-4PRO has what it takes to really define your sound.

1/4" and Neutrik Speakon® Outputs
Input Peak LED
Defeatable Optocoupler Limiters
Variable Internal 24 dB/Octave Crossover
Variable 0 - 7:1 Compressor

Specifications:

RMS Power Output: 300-Watts x 2/900 (mono-bridged @ 8 Ohms)
RMS Power Output: 490-Watts x 2/1200 (mono-bridged @ 4 Ohms)
RMS Power Output (2 Ohms): 600-Watts x 2
Preamp: Tubes (3 x 12AX7)
Power Amp: Solid State
Tone Controls: 3-Band
Mid Tone Control: 5-Position
Graphic EQ: Yes, 9-Band
Ultra Low/High Boosts: Yes
Balanced Line Out: Yes x 2 Pre/Post with Level
Effects Loop: Yes x 2
Preamp Out/Power Amp In: Yes x 2
Dimensions (W x H x D inches): 19 x 5.6 x 15.5
Weight: 39.5 Pounds

Manual:

https://ampeg.com/support/manuals/svt-4pro

SVT-4 Pro Front.jpg

SVT-4 Pro Rear.jpg

SVT-4 Pro Rear Left Side Close Up.jpg

SVT-4 Pro Rear Right Side Close Up.jpg

SVT-4 Pro Right Side.jpg

SVT-4 Pro Left Side.jpg

SVT-4 Pro Bottom.jpg

Rack Case Closed.jpg

Rack Case Open Front.jpg

Rack Case Open Rear With Fan.jpg

Rack Case Right Side.jpg

Rack Case Left Side DIY Vent.jpg

Edited by Jamesliability
Reduced price
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, nemesis said:

Hi.. not sure if I'm being daft. Can't see anything on the back about 2012. Is it a checkable code?

You're being daft. :lol: In the middle left of this photo (Designed in... etc...) ...

SVT-4 Pro Rear Right Side Close Up.jpg

Such a great amp. Tremendous EQ variations. Nice warm tube pre-amp. 

Had one up to a few yrs ago and loved the tone. Mine was an older 1993 one from US that i had transformer replaced for use on 230V. It was that good it was worth it. 

GLWTS

Dave

I think it's the copyright date, to judge from the symbol '©' beside the date...  This would indicate that it was made after that date, at least, but not the precise date that it came off the production line. ;)

16 hours ago, Woody1957 said:

Loving it that you've drilled holes in the side of a flight case that has rubber flanges in each lid to keep moisture out😂

It's side vented so had to be done to prevent it from overheating. That's also why there's a fan strip on the back.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Jamesliability changed the title to Ampeg SVT-4 Pro - Price drop £550 - withdrawn