Why become a member? ×

Fodera Anthony Jackson 6 (1990) WITHDRAWN
£6800
The Netherlands, Europa

will4bass

>>I put the AJ6 on sale since I'm not a 6 string player and need to sell some stuff. Buuuut...I played the AJ6 last night: it's simply fabulous. I decided to keep it.<<

Anthony Jackson from 1990, the period that Fodera was establishing it's name worldwide, Mr. Vinny Fodera himself built those basses and Mr. Anthony Jackson was one of the 'first call' session cats for about any style of music from pop to jazz in the highest imaginable playing fields. 

If you look for a thunderous low B and crispy highs.. well this bass has it.. but it has more to offer. The bass feels like an extension of your fingers. Very musical. Very articulate. With a kind of smoothness only the driest great tonewoods reveals. This AJ6 has a voice of its own. Check out the records on which Anthony Jackson played a same instrument. Anything else I would add to praise the bass could start to sound a bit exaggerated. So I decided not to do that. After all an instrument like this will reveal its possibilities in the hands of the player.

Some details

Anthony Jackson 6 string neck-through (before the time this was called a 'Custom Elite': all Fodera's back then were custom built!)

34"

19" string spacing (adjustable)

Walnut body

Quilted maple top body

Maple neck

Light Ebony Fingerboard

Bartolini T Style soapbars

Haz Labs pre amp (Volume, balance, 2 band EQ, Active/passive switch, kill switch)

Approx. 5kgs 

Great balance, very comfortable to play

Comes with OHSC (Fodera Teardrop case)

Strings: Fodera Anthony Jackson (what else? ;-))

Decent offers and trades considered (Sadowsky 5 NYC PJ Maple, Alleva Copplo 5, Spector USA 5, Ken Smith 5 (19mm spacing)...but sorry: + cash!)

IMG_6399.jpg

Edited by will4bass
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic