Why become a member? ×

So I’m thinking I fancy a Warwick

Meatbag

30 minutes ago, DiMarco said:

Look for Jazzman pickup config models too, the MM style pickup at bridge position has the biggest influence on differences in tone when switching between its modes. The one at neck position less so.

This was my Corvette $$. It played like a dream and looked the bizz. Maybe someday I will have room in my rack for another.

Corvette_1.thumb.jpg.aa857ff8043f2c88baa246de448d3325.jpg

Corvette_2.thumb.jpg.23a7c7c50e0dfe6eb5b355e0668fa525.jpg

Corvette_3.thumb.jpg.6d390cad5dd5544eeda8b74c81e47e38.jpg

Thanks guys. That jazz man is a monster!!

This forum is a mine of useful information😃

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, horrorshowbass said:

Thanks guys. That jazz man is a monster!!

This forum is a mine of useful information😃

for clarification - the Jazzman only has one of the MusicMan style humbuckers in the bridge, with a Fender Jazz style single coil in the neck position (Jazz+Man, geddit?).  They are more common as Streamers, but they are available as Corvettes:  @DiMarco had a $$, not a Jazzman

image.jpeg.6497d4f0356550d7dddea009be18516c.jpeg

My first Warwick,  also my first five string, was a Streamer Jazzman - Great sounding basses

Edited by Monkey Steve
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DiMarco said:

Maybe someday I will have room in my rack for another.

Or maybe you just need to think bigger ;)

51 minutes ago, Monkey Steve said:

for clarification - the Jazzman only has one of the MusicMan style humbuckers in the bridge, with a Fender Jazz style single coil in the neck position (Jazz+Man, geddit?).  They are more common as Streamers, but they are available as Corvettes:  @DiMarco had a $$, not a Jazzman

image.jpeg.6497d4f0356550d7dddea009be18516c.jpeg

My first Warwick,  also my first five string, was a Streamer Jazzman - Great sounding basses

That would be an FNA Jazzman, not a Corvette - even though they look the same. For some reason, they named it differently. It was originally called Altus, but they had to change the name because there was already a violin manufacturer by that name. Legend has it FNA stands for "Formerly Named Altus" or even "F***ing Not Altus".

Edited by LeftyJ
  • Haha 3

That's a Corvette Standard, not a $$ or a Jazzman. It's nice, but it's the entry level model as far as German Corvettes go, and in my opinion this pickup configuration and position is very conservative and Jazz Bass-like, and not what I associate with typical Warwick. It has the Just-a-nut 2 which was not nearly as good as the all-brass, individually adjustable J-a-n 1 and the J-a-n 3.

However, it is the active version with stacked bass and treble controls, which is nice. It also appears to have the desirable full wenge neck in the pictures, despite the description saying it has ovangkol with a wenge fingerboard. The description says nickel silver frets, but they appear to be proper bell brass. Looks like the seller copied the specs of a more recent one, but I would say this one is from around 2000. Could be a lovely bass! Could be worth asking for a picture of the back of the headstock, it will help determine the neck wood and it will show you the serial number with the year of production. 

I'm sure you can do better on the price. I paid only 500 euros for my used 2003 Streamer LX5 around 10 years ago, and just yesterday I had a 2001 Streamer LX 4-string delivered to me that I also paid 500 for. It can be done 🙂

883548176__86(14).thumb.jpeg.c680858f4887f0a12adec32f12e81dd4.jpeg

Edited by LeftyJ
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

That's a Corvette Standard, not a $$ or a Jazzman. It's nice, but it's the entry level model as far as German Corvettes go, and in my opinion this pickup configuration and position is very conservative and Jazz Bass-like, and not what I associate with typical Warwick. It has the Just-a-nut 2 which was not nearly as good as the all-brass, individually adjustable J-a-n 1 and the J-a-n 3.

However, it is the active version with stacked bass and treble controls, which is nice. It also appears to have the desirable full wenge neck in the pictures, despite the description saying it has ovangkol with a wenge fingerboard. The description says nickel silver frets, but they appear to be proper bell brass. Looks like the seller copied the specs of a more recent one, but I would say this one is from around 2000. Could be a lovely bass! Could be worth asking for a picture of the back of the headstock, it will help determine the neck wood and it will show you the serial number with the year of production. 

I'm sure you can do better on the price. I paid only 500 euros for my used 2003 Streamer LX5 around 10 years ago, and just yesterday I had a 2001 Streamer LX 4-string delivered to me that I also paid 500 for. It can be done 🙂

883548176__86(14).thumb.jpeg.c680858f4887f0a12adec32f12e81dd4.jpeg

@LeftyJ thanks for taking the time dude, great info. Yeah it's a local shop so its marked up alright. They have a nice US Sub I have my eye on around the same price. Might be an option as I have an Ibanez six string and SX P bass I'm trying to shift and could use as part trade.

Cheers for the info

• 11 months later...
On 24/12/2020 at 18:51, CookPassBabtridge said:

Sooo @Meatbag wotcha gonna do? Would be cool to know as you’ve been given some great advice here. 

Well, sorry for the delay in coming back....what's a year between friends? LOL. I bought the Double Buck. I'm pretty pleased with it, but like everything else in 2021, it had to take a big break. Lots of family stuff happened.....stand by for an update on all thing Meatbag shortly 🙂

Double Buck.JPG

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...