Why become a member? ×

Barefaced mk1 15” Compact

Deedee

Same here but I'm secretly glad it's been posted here and someone has bagsied it😁, I'm supposed to be getting rid of stuff not gathering more, also, I already have one and I'll probably never use that one in anger so having two would just be greedy!

• Like 2

A friend of mine is looking for a bass rig on a limited budget for reggae and im thinking of showing her this one. She plays a 5 string so i to enable me to asses it based on my own bf cabs i wonder if  anyone has first hand knowledge how this cab would compare to a BB2 or BTII?

Sonically, does it sit between the two soundwise or is it less powerful than the BB2. 

thanks

37 minutes ago, jazzyvee said:

A friend of mine is looking for a bass rig on a limited budget for reggae and im thinking of showing her this one. She plays a 5 string so i to enable me to asses it based on my own bf cabs i wonder if  anyone has first hand knowledge how this cab would compare to a BB2 or BTII?

Sonically, does it sit between the two soundwise or is it less powerful than the BB2. 

thanks

Here's the original info on the Compact and BBII if that's any help.

https://barefacedbass.com/product-range/compact.htm

https://barefacedbass.com/product-range/Big-Baby-2.htm

Edited by Deedee

12 minutes ago, jazzyvee said:

thanks

It’ll be less hifi than either of those. It’s a great cab and for reggae would be perfect as it’ll take all the bass she can throw at it. I was hoping to buy the cab yesterday but have had to hold fire for various reasons so I’d say go for it!

2 hours ago, Merton said:

It’ll be less hifi than either of those. It’s a great cab and for reggae would be perfect as it’ll take all the bass she can throw at it. I was hoping to buy the cab yesterday but have had to hold fire for various reasons so I’d say go for it!

Thanks i have forwarded the link. 

On 28/12/2020 at 19:02, jazzyvee said:

thanks

I owned one of the first ones produced and now have a BB2.  I don't think there's much difference in volume but the BB2 would be more detailed sounding.  The Compact is a superb cab and very suitable for reggae.  Plus, they are a total bargain these days.

Frank.