Why become a member? ×

A Whiter Shade of Pale - live in Denmark

JJTee

This popped up in my YouTube feed the other day.  I was blown away and can't stop watching it.  A White Shader of Pale is obviously a song I'm aware of, but not really from my era.  But I have a new found appreciation for it ….and Gary Brooker, what a voice! This was about 14 years ago, but still.... his voice seems to have aged beautifully compared to some contemporaries. The orchestration and backing is beautiful...just thought I'd share.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Enjoyed both the songs posted above. Gary Brooker has always been a great singer IMO, and I’ve seen him a few times over the years. Firstly with Procul Harum in the mid 70’s, then with Eric Clapton and after that with Bill Wyman’s Rhythm Kings. Superb keyboard player too, as well as having a good onstage presence and sense of humour. 

Thanks for posting.

• Like 2

Had a fun trip over to Modena to organise a photo shoot for a PH album. Lovely guy, wanted to present PH as a band, and the gig there was the only chance to get them all together. Terrible hungover shoot the morning after the gig, so bought espresso and grappa all round, improved things no end 😏

• Like 1

Anyone with a Chapman Stick and Emmett's "Free Hands" book probably learned this as one of their first song accomplishments on Stick. (Lesson 5 A Pop Baroque Technique). Not me. I was trying Elephant Talk. It probably would have taken years off the learning curve, now that I look at it. Never too late, I suppose, even though I don't like the song, or the band. (I know, I know...What is WRONG with ME?)