Why become a member? ×

Well that's not good...

Bigguy2017

OK, so today I got down to some serious solstice string changing...

Put new Rotosound RS66LD RWs on the Precision. Oooh that sounds nice again.

Put LaBella 760FS flats on the PJ. Tuning up, first stretch and KaTwap! - ball end of the E ricochets around the room...

So I now have a three string PJ. 

Can't seem to get a single LaBella anywhere... ?

Well I'm certainly not stumping up for another set of these - they're not cheap.  😞

So just ordered D'Addario ECB81 XL Chromes on Amazon - say they'll deliver tomorrow, fingers crossed.

PXL_20201221_131857260b.jpg

PXL_20201221_131920533b.jpg

17 hours ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

I'd get in touch with the vendor and Labella. Whenever something similar happened to me, the defective string has always been replaced for free.

This. 

I had a new LaBella flat snap at the tuner while setting the action and intonation on a floating bridge Hofner. As you need to repeatedly detune slightly to adjust the bridge, then retune to check action I thought it was maybe my fault. 

I messaged LaBella to see what they recommend as I didn't want to break another, they asked for a photo of the break. They came back to me and said it was a defective string and sent me a new one free and popped in a funky sticker. 

Happy days. 🙂

• Like 3