Why become a member? ×

All That's Fiction - 40 years on

WalMan

Finished - I think - the re-record of our eponymous song from probably 40 years on today.

This was v1 of All That's Fiction, before the vocalist went on to other things, and we then reformed a few years later to record some demoes and play a showcase gig with him, and then carried on in different lineups until he emigrated in the late 90's.

I have been recording with him and the guitarist from ATF v1 recently on a different project, and he and I have been remixing old 8 tracks, but I started messing with this old song. and it has bounced around the globe for input by the original line-up.

It's also my granddaughter's first appearance on a track - I'll leave you to work out where 🤣

Got the final guitar tracks yesterday and set about finishing the mix, which I think is done now. Always liked this song and have memories of recording it the first time around when the producer had the guitar amp maxed for the lead break and set up at one end of the live room, with the guitarist cowering 4th the other end of the room on a long lead with a guitar on the verge of feedback. So much more refined doing it nowadays 🤣 

All That's Fiction - 2020