Why become a member? ×

'74 Jazz gets a new Fingerboard

Matt P

I've just watched this on YouTube and thought that it might help some people pass a few minutes, I've been a fan of this channel for a while, it's mostly guitar repair but his time he tackles a very worn and modified Jazz bass, i think it's a very sympathetic job, and according to the comments the owner is very pleased with the work.

Enjoy

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

An entertaining video, thanks for posting. He didn't need a ground wire for the EMGs though. As they say...

When installing EMG Active Pickups, DO NOT connect the bridge ground wire. This wire is usually soldered to a volume or tone control casing and goes to the  bridge. This wire grounds the strings and uses them and your body as a shield against hum and buzz. It also creates a shock hazard. EMG Pickups are shielded internally and DO NOT require string grounding. This greatly reduces the possibility of reverse polarity shock from microphones and other equipment.