Why become a member? ×

Another JV P bass at a barmy price

Paddy515

The prices these are hitting - or at least asking - has become a reflection of assumed collectability & investment potential. Undoubtedly they're excellent instruments but broadly, so were all Fujigen Fenders - there's no metric by which a JV Squier is worth around twice what you'd pay for an 80s or 90s MIJ Fender, beyond the hope that at some point you could flog it for more than you paid!

Good luck to them, if I had one I'd want unrealistically eye-watering money for it too. Whether or not anyone would pay it!

Should say that one's very, very clean - if that's original (seller suggests it is) there really won't be many around as nice as that. And you definitely wouldn't want to drag that down to the Spyglass & Haemorrhoid open mic night.

Edited by Bassassin
  • Like 2

On 25/12/2020 at 07:51, AndyTravis said:

I owned an 83 Japanese Squier I would happily put on a par (at least) with other Fenders I’ve owned which cost more than a grand.

Miss that bass - and I know where it is 🤨

I remember selling a Trace rig back around 1990 and the guy that turned up to try it brought his own Jazz - a cream JV Jazz. I still remember it to this day because it was nothing like what Fender had out at the time.