Why become a member? ×

NAD

ern500evo

Well, the itch refused to go away, so it needed to be scratched. Goodbye class D, hello EBS TD650. My cab has been locked away at a rehearsal space since picking the amp up, but I managed to retrieve it this morning and finally try the two of them together. Only played at home levels so far (albeit rather loud home levels, as the neighbours were out!) and all I can say is that I haven’t stopped smiling. Tried it with my Streamer Stage 1 and my Dingwall NG2, and it just sounds fabulous. I’m so glad I have no willpower and gave in so easily and bought one! 

5A300B77-794F-49C0-AA70-59D89600A54F.jpeg

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

EBS make annoyingly good amps - my 350 was sorely missed when I traded it for a Genz Benz (remember when they were all the rage?)

Congratulations to you, sir.

Thanks! Yes, I too had a Genz Benz, I had the shuttle 9.2. I haven’t completely severed the class d ties, I do still have my Darkglass M900, but if what I’ve heard today is anything to go by, I think the EBS will now be my main amp

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ebenezer said:

I had an hd350 for a short while...lovely tone, but woefully under-powered

I’ve still only used it at home volume, but the 650 definitely doesn’t lack in power. With my Dingwall and through my Big Twin 2, it feels like it could slice your head off! 

18 hours ago, ebenezer said:

I had an hd350 for a short while...lovely tone, but woefully under-powered

I the cab you pair it with is key, I don't think I've ever pushed mY HD350 any further than half into my EBS Neo 2x12. 

I remember though running a mk1 Fafner I used to have (which was 600 watt I think) into an 8 ohm Ashdown 4x10 and it being incredibly quiet for the on paper numbers.