Why become a member? ×

New build using Shaper Origin

Chopthebass

Blimey, that's really nice and will look superb next to the satin black body.

Have you decided on a pickup yet? I've only ever built one P bass and that had an active Schaller pickup in (which is lovely). I bought a Delano P bass pickup off here for use on a passive bass at some point as I've used a couple of other Delano pickups before and really liked them. I also used a passive Bartolini soapbar for the first time recently and that was superb too!! So many good pickups out there........almost too many choices!!!

48 minutes ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

Blimey, that's really nice and will look superb next to the satin black body.

Have you decided on a pickup yet? I've only ever built one P bass and that had an active Schaller pickup in (which is lovely). I bought a Delano P bass pickup off here for use on a passive bass at some point as I've used a couple of other Delano pickups before and really liked them. I also used a passive Bartolini soapbar for the first time recently and that was superb too!! So many good pickups out there........almost too many choices!!!

Thanks! I really like maple boards. When I ordered my Mayones Jabba I upgraded to birdseye.

I watched a you tube video comparing P bass pickups, and I have to say I really like the Seymour SPB-3. I do have an old DiMarzio I could try. But I'm not a P-bass guy (or 4 string come to that!) so not sure what it should sound like.

I just have to pre-polish the frets before installing. I like to get them as shiny as possible before they go in, as its difficult to polish right close to the maple otherwise. And this part is untouched when levelling.

• Like 1

On 19/12/2020 at 10:47, Si600 said:

"Origin locates itself in a workspace and makes continuous real-time adjustments while the user is cutting. The result is precision — wherever you need it."

What happens if you want to make a jazz bass?

I'll get me coat.

No, I’ll get your coat 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

It needn't be said but GLWTS anyway.  It's smashing looking.  Are you putting up any clips for us to hear it?

I must be old, or been away from UK for too long, but what is GLWTS? Great Looking Without Tortoise Shell 😀

Not sure how to record and post. Again, could be an age thing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Chopthebass said:

I must be old, or been away from UK for too long, but what is GLWTS? Great Looking Without Tortoise Shell 😀

Good Luck With The Sale.👍

Recording should be a matter of getting a WAV or mp3 and attaching it to the post like a picture, but links to Soundcloud and FB videos work too.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Chopthebass said:

Waiting for delivery of Dunlop strap locks. Well spotted!!

...and the string tree/retainer?

(I wasn't going to mention it in my previous post to save you embarrassment but @MoonBassAlpha has no such scruples so yeah... that.)

Heeheehee

Edited by SpondonBassed

34 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

...and the string tree/retainer?

(I wasn't going to mention it in my previous post to save you embarrassment but @MoonBassAlpha has no such scruples so yeah... that.)

Heeheehee

Don’t laugh, but I totally forgot the retainer! 
I even added the thumb rest just for you too!!

09FCE724-392C-465F-8F1D-03174562EC99.jpeg

D3C79DBB-DCCA-4884-AE8B-BC22B6D4E985.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1