Why become a member? ×

NBD - 1971 Precision (with a bumpy start)

wateroftyne

5 hours ago, Bassassin said:

I missed a delivery for a cab a few years ago & went to the depot to pick it up. While I was waiting for someone to find it I could see a van (typical Luton style box van) being loaded - boxes & packages were heaped on the ground at the back of the van, and the guys were literally using the pile as a ramp, running up & down it to take stuff inside the vehicle.

I would say this is evidence that's a standard practice.

We had some equipment delivered at work, a monitor for a piece of machinery, and there was a set of cricket stumps painted on the side.  Clearly the lads in the courier warehouse had a little game in their lunch break.  Fortunately the gear was undamaged, but it shows how lovingly your valuables get treated while in transit.

Edited by Bassfinger

1 hour ago, Ricky Rioli said:

You can hear that you do :)

May I appear very ignorant and ask what the song is? That bassline seems a happy experience for the fingers.

Cheers, Ricky!

The track is a bass-less thing I found on Wikiloops. I just came up with my own part for it. It's good fun.

Edited by wateroftyne
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Cheers! Flats had I been gigging. But... rounds sound nice when you're plunking around in the house, so I'll probably stick with those for now.

Sounds great with both. Liking the beard too 🤗

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds great, nice playing too, I’ve just been learning that song, they had to have been on serious drugs back then, way too complicated and far too many timing changes! Additionally I noticed a very Stranglers/Nice & Sleazy inspiring riff in one of the breakdown parts.

• Like 1