Why become a member? ×

CIJ Mustang Reissue in Fiesta red *SOLD*
£750
London

Clarky

I have decided that I want to get down to 2 basses, so this beauty is up for sale. In the harder-to-find fiesta red colour scheme. Amazing nick, appeared basically unplayed when I bought it a few months ago despite being of the order of 20 years old (its near impossible to accurately date CIJ Mustang Reissues). Has La Bella Mustang flats fitted for a Motown/old school vibe. Weighs about 8 pounds. No case but will be securely bubble wrapped/boxed if post needed (otherwise its socially distanced collection from Barnes/SW13). £750, no offers and no trades thanks.

20201218_101654.jpg

20201218_101628.jpg

20201218_101705.jpg

20201218_101727.jpg

20201218_101744.jpg

20201218_101750.jpg

20201218_101755.jpg

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 4

"being of the order of 20 years old (its near impossible to accurately date CIJ Mustang Reissues). "

HTH

Your guitar was made at the
Fuji-gen Plant (for Fender Japan), Japan
in 1993 - 1994
Production Number: 83824

https://www.guitardaterproject.org/fender.aspx

GLWTS

Edited by KiOgon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Telecaster1969 said:

Hi anyone.

This bass it's a 1999-2002 , "Crafted in Japan" started to be used after 1997, previosly they were "Made in Japan". 

Great Mustang and nice colour.

It depends on the factory. Before '92, all Japanese made instruments were made by the FujiGen Gakki factory and labelled 'Made in Japan', and you're right that after '96/97 they were all labelled "Crafted in Japan". However, starting in '92, FujiGen Gakki sometimes outsourced the manufacture to Tokai Gakki (aka Tokai) or Dyna Gakki, and in this instance they were labeled 'Crafted in Japan'. So this instrument could very well be from '93/'94 if it was manufactured by one of the latter two factories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Japan

still an excellent specimen either way!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bassist_lewis said:

It depends on the factory. Before '92, all Japanese made instruments were made by the FujiGen Gakki factory and labelled 'Made in Japan', and you're right that after '96/97 they were all labelled "Crafted in Japan". However, starting in '92, FujiGen Gakki sometimes outsourced the manufacture to Tokai Gakki (aka Tokai) or Dyna Gakki, and in this instance they were labeled 'Crafted in Japan'. So this instrument could very well be from '93/'94 if it was manufactured by one of the latter two factories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Japan

still an excellent specimen either way!

May be, but for me the difference is in the typography, more similar to this in 1993-94. However I do not want to hinder the sale, this interesting discussion should not continue here, I think😉  With neck heel and electronics pics could find out more. Still a great bass, bump for sale😄

Crafted-in-Japan.jpg

Edited by Telecaster1969
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm, looks like my Shergold is sold which will mean I no longer have a cardboard box for posting this. If delivery is required for this Mustang, it may take a while for me to get the post materials together. Especially with new London Tier 4 restrictions 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

Still no bass sized cardboard box but I can securely send in a hard case, wrap the bass inside the case in bubble wrap and put some strategically-placed cardboard sheets on the outside of the case. The case might get dinged in transit, while protecting the bass, but that's what they are for

20201230_140031.jpg

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic