dave moffat

Vox amplug2 Bass

Erindors has got me one for Xmas, arrived yesterday. Have to say I'm very impressed so far, means I don't have to isolate myself when noodling. More than adequate for someone at my level of musical ineptitude.

Yep, I've used one of these for regular daily practice for a couple of years now, so simple and no problems. I just run an audio link from my PC to play along with Youtube and mp3 tracks etc.

It's worth using decent headphones with it and investing in some rechargeable batteries - I find they need changing about every 10 days with heavy use.

Have fun.

• Like 1

I've been using my Vox Amplug 2 Bass for about 2 plus months now. I'm very happy with it. Using the right headphones is recommended though, I have quite a few headphone. My preferred headphones is my Beyerdynamic. 

These Vox Amplugs are quite fragile and snap off if you are not careful. I got around this by using a short extension jack wire. 

On 18/12/2020 at 07:15, dave moffat said:

Erindors has got me one for Xmas, arrived yesterday. Have to say I'm very impressed so far, means I don't have to isolate myself when noodling. More than adequate for someone at my level of musical ineptitude.

You're very lucky, I'm not allowed to wear my new slippers until Christmas Day and I'll have to feign surprise when unwrapping them too!

• Haha 1

Got a Donnor Basement Vox-amp-a-like... 

Probably not as good as the Vox, but at half the price and also rechargable...

Doesn't fit the SR300 jack socket though as the plug doesn't rotate..

Edited by PaulThePlug