Why become a member? ×

Fretless sounding bridge mod

althebassman

I'm currently on a massive Dominique Di Piazza hype and I came across this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsPKHXTi5UI

After some quality translating via google he says that he's put brass inserts at the bridge (which are kind of visible) but I wondered if anyone had any idea on how to give this a go - what sorts of inserts (what sort of size required), whether they need to be fixed/wedged etc.

14 minutes ago, HazBeen said:

http://www.mike-sabre.com/DDPFretlessBridge/ddpfretlessbridge.html

Mike Sabre designed the bridge and sell them. Some pics/clarification above.

Yeah I like the looks of those bridges, but the video suggested that the guy had done the mod himself with £10 worth of parts to the existing bass bridge, rather than buying one of these bridges 

1 hour ago, althebassman said:

Yeah I like the looks of those bridges, but the video suggested that the guy had done the mod himself with £10 worth of parts to the existing bass bridge, rather than buying one of these bridges 

The website shows the concept, wooden saddles, where the string runs over de full length of the saddle to get a fretless-ish tone.

As I wrote a lot of times, it's simply a flat sitar bridge conception. It works best with bone flat saddles. John McLaughlin played a guitar like this. Eyb in Germany is selling the exact same bridges as Mike Sabre and an ETS dedicated bridge.

20 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

As I wrote a lot of times, it's simply a flat sitar bridge conception. It works best with bone flat saddles. John McLaughlin played a guitar like this. Eyb in Germany is selling the exact same bridges as Mike Sabre and an ETS dedicated bridge.

Looking at the video though, this seems different, in that he's modified the existing metal bridge rather than fitting one of the above?