Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

20 hours ago, Paddy515 said:

Could this be the fellow's new Fbk profile page.

https://www.facebook.com/mick.mason.583

20 hours ago, Paddy515 said:

Could this be the fellow's new Fbk profile page.

https://www.facebook.com/mick.mason.583

Only has one friend - shame!!!

You’re right, that’s him! Well done on finding it.

Edited by Dad3353

1 hour ago, ForbiddenWytch said:

-he told me his daughter posted it 2nd class then gave me a 48hour tracking number for a parcel he was receiving.

[...]
-when I provided proof of a recorded phone call with Royal Mail where I’d had it confirmed that the tracking number I’d be given was never scheduled to come to my address, he told me he’d had the parcel re-routed to him as he was scared I would “damage the pedal and try to claim refund”. Again, Royal Mail confirmed he never had it rerouted.

This makes sense. It didn't sound likely that he'd go to the trouble and expense of sending parcels to himself... so he simply shows his victim tracking details of a random parcel he's received / receiving... deceitful, not very difficult, and not very clever.

Although I (thankfully) don't have a dog in this fight -- thanks for posting up your experience. 👍

5 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

This makes sense. It didn't sound likely that he'd go to the trouble and expense of sending parcels to himself... so he simply shows his victim tracking details of a random parcel he's received / receiving... deceitful, not very difficult, and not very clever.

Although I (thankfully) don't have a dog in this fight -- thanks for posting up your experience. 👍

Nail on the head. Royal Mail confirmed to me that that particular tracking number I'd been given was for a parcel he was receiving. My name and address had never been on it. Caught him out when I used their post code checker so I got straight on the phone. Recorded the call, showed him the video recoding and he said "Yeah, I had it re-routed so it wouldn't go to you" blah blah blah. Lies and more lies. He's thick as pig slew.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ForbiddenWytch said:

I messaged the "Real Magic Queen Tribute" page as I can clearly see him in the photos but either he's used a fake name with the band or he's the admin on the page because this was the reply.

Screenshot 2020-12-23 at 17.42.35.png

Note the channel name

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3FpD5FxyDXL1rTrGsYKXAw

Edit - screengrab added in case he deletes or renames that too

humbug.JPG

Edited by Doctor J
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dood said:

How many pages / bands does this character have involvement with?

What pages does he managed / moderate or admin for? 

Looks like he's involved in The Carpenters Experience & The Phil Collins Experience too. 

This is taken from Brookside Theatre's Facebook page from last year, guess who the "band manager" is? 

Much to our disappointment, the "band manager" of THE CARPENTERS EXPERIENCE and ONE MORE NIGHT - THE PHIL COLLINS EXPERIENCE has pulled both productions at the very last minute. Any and all money has been refunded and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience and disappointment caused - this was sadly out of the theatre's control and has proved costly to the theatre and War Memorial charity.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1967307616689946&id=151775441576515

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Hi all, 

I'm sure you'll be shocked to know but I also recently fell victim to Mick Mason too. 

I "Bought" a Sansamp Bass pedal off of him on 20th Nov and didn't receive it. Long story short I got all of the usual excuses and delays everyone else did every time I mentioned a refund. However, much to my disbelief he actually sent me my money back after a month of excuses, more than likely because I made a public post calling him out and it started to get shared quite rapidly. I was amazed how many people (some of you on here) got in touch with me telling me that they experienced the same thing and the lies were pretty much identical to what he was feeding me.

I'm gutted to find out that there are far more people that have been conned by this "man" than I originally thought and I hope you all get the same result I did in the end. 

However, if it's any help I do have full convo history/screenshots and will be more than happy to help anyone get this con man exposed and his "bands". 

Edited by DIYorDie
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DIYorDie said:

Hi all, 

I'm sure you'll be shocked to know but I also recently fell victim to M(Pr)ick Mason too. 

I "Bought" a Sansamp Bass pedal off of him on 20th Nov and didn't receive it. Long story short I got all of the usual excuses and delays everyone else did every time I mentioned a refund. However, much to my disbelief he actually sent me my money back after a month of excuses, more than likely because I made a public post calling him out and it started to get shared quite rapidly. I was amazed how many people (some of you on here) got in touch with me telling me that they experienced the same thing and the lies were pretty much identical to what he was feeding me.

I'm gutted to find out that there are far more people that have been conned by this "man" than I originally thought and I hope you all get the same result I did in the end. 

However, if it's any help I do have full convo history/screenshots and will be more than happy to help anyone get this con man exposed and his "bands". 

Nice one - the evidence is building...

• Like 1

Just had a random message from someone on FB (will keep in anonymous):

"Mick Mason is a Con Artist. I worked for him for 1 year. He owes a hell of a lot of people money. If you get a case going to bring him down, I have all the contact details youl need so get in touch and il do what I can to help you bring him down. He is a scumbag. Last count it was around 35/40 people he owed gig money to. Calculated at around 40k. Some are suing, some let it go. Hes on a 2 Yr suspended sentence."

The more I hear bout him the worse it gets.........

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3