Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

6 hours ago, warwickhunt said:

I wonder if he or any of his mates are keeping tally on this thread and he'll refund all of those mentioned, thereby nullifying this thread as evidence when it goes to court?  

Of course I'd like to hope our legal system is a bit more robust than that and will see through his shallow attempt to deflect the courts.  

It's still attempted fraud.

2 hours ago, Jamiexsilver said:

Would you believe it, my refund got cancelled this morning, he says PayPal did it and sent another refund?? 

Time for action fraud.

Yes, I would believe it.

"Modus Operandi" is probably to grand a term, but he has done that to others already.

On 28/12/2020 at 11:19, Jamie Snell said:

Has anyone been given an NFRC number by Action Fraud? In order to ensure my information is linked to the ongoing case(s) I need an existing reference number, thanks.

I have literally joined this forum because of this thread, shared on the Facebook group. Sorry I haven't been here before! You bunch of legends!

I have also fallen to this scammer for the classic Sans Amp caper.

I have created a file with Leicestershire police (ref: 291220211) and with Action Fraud: NFRC201204132835

Can I please urge anyone who has been scammed by him to create a report with Action Fraud and quote this number. So far I've managed to link mine to 4 other cases. 

Perhaps we need a centralised place for all our reference numbers that we can all refer to? 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

I’ve had many years trouble free buying/selling/trading on Marketplace. Bass players in general are a nice bunch and seem to be less problematic compared to other instrument communities (a complete generalisation of course, but something I’ve observed in time). 

Since ScamAmp-gate, I’ve recently sold an amp to recoup some funds and I’ve upped everything from a seller’s perspective - complete photo documentation of packing and a video of everything working beforehand, paper trails everywhere and PayPal G&S only with the buyer incurring the 4%. Reputation is everything on these sites, we don’t want people soiling the name of what I can honestly say has been one of the friendliest, most welcoming and knowledgeable communities around. The advice on this thread alone has proved that. 

Edited by SamPlaysBass
Grammar 🤦🏼‍♂️
  • Like 6

***UPDATE***

As I mentioned MM finally sent me my refund in full after filing my Fraud case with Barclays and Action Fraud. However a day ago Barclays fraud department have managed to also get my money back from MM so a conundrum for me! I now have 2 lots of money!

Having had a chat with @prowla going through some options, ive sent the money back to MM this morning via Bank Transfer. I was so tempted to pay a couple of people money they have lost but I think the right course of action was to give him the money back. It means I’ve done everything by the book and keeps everything right. I hope you agree?

I could have kept it and said nothing but I’m an honest guy and it would rankle with me being dishonest 

Edited by walshy
  • Like 26

8 minutes ago, walshy said:

I was so tempted to pay a couple of people money they have lost but I think the right course of action was to give him the money back. It means I’ve done everything by the book and keeps everything right. I hope you agree?

100% agree. It's for the transgressor to right the wrongs.

• Like 2

Keep a bloody good record of that transaction @walshy.

All MM would need to do is claim two lots of money came out of his account to refund you and that you kept them without returning them. We know MM is a tricky character so make sure you get absolute confirmation from his side, or an email from your bank if he won't confirm, to ensure you have undisputed proof you transferred that money back to him. 

• Like 3

Just now, binky_bass said:

Keep a bloody good record of that transaction @walshy.

All MM would need to do is claim two lots of money came out of his account to refund you and that you kept them without returning them. We know MM is a tricky character so make sure you get absolute confirmation from his side, or an email from your bank if he won't confirm, to ensure you have undisputed proof you transferred that money back to him. 

Yeah I have everything mate, the bank are aware

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jamie Snell said:

MICK IS BACK! He’s got several listings on FB marketplace, and one of them has got several comments warning buyers off which is great!

Have you a link? If enough people report it they might do something.

Edited by ambient
  • Like 3

I was one of the idiots who bought what I have come to regard as the mythical Timeshare Sansamp off this scammer.  The thread I created is still active on Facebook ''Bass Market’ page.

im happy to report that after many many emails back and forth between myself and Mick Mason, I eventually had a refund from him yesterday. 

It looks like another  at least another two folks (who had also bought a Timeshare in this pedal) have eventually had refunds.  There's one guy who hasn't yet but he's receiving help and support from those of us who've somehow successfully persuaded him to do the right thing.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, misterhank said:

I was one of the idiots who bought what I have come to regard as the mythical Timeshare Sansamp off this scammer.  The thread I created is still active on Facebook ''Bass Market’ page.

im happy to report that after many many emails back and forth between myself and Mick Mason, I eventually had a refund from him yesterday. 

It looks like another  at least another two folks (who had also bought a Timeshare in this pedal) have eventually had refunds.  There's one guy who hasn't yet but he's receiving help and support from those of us who've somehow successfully persuaded him to do the right thing.

I am one who has now received my refund from Mick for the now, what must be legendary - Sans Amp pedal. 

It took nearly a month of too-ing and fro-ing, 2 bounced PayPal e-cheques but I got there. Sans-Gate is over.....for me at least

Now, what can I spend the £105 on......?

It's great that he's refunding people, but don't let that be an end to it. He's ONLY refunding people because he's been caught and the sh*tshow is being shared all across social media. He wouldn't have done so otherwise. Don't let this situation go. Contact the Fraud people, push the Police on it and make sure he NEVER does this again....

• Like 16

1 minute ago, cetera said:

It's great that he's refunding people, but don't let that be an end to it. He's ONLY refunding people because he's been caught and the sh*tshow is being shared all across social media. He wouldn't have done so otherwise. Don't let this situation go. Contact the Fraud people, push the Police on it and make sure he NEVER does this again....

Yes, absolutely.

• Like 2